Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JT17

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
So I ordered the lime green but the first piece with the headset goes a little longer but oh well it still looks good

If you can, could you post up a picture with the lime green on? I am interested in getting that color. Cheers :p

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

What's the max some of you guys seen shipping take?

It's been a little over a week and mine still isn't here. I'm located in CO. I know the site says 15 days, but what are your experiences?

zelaya

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I'd like to place a order but I'm afraid the moment I do it a coupon code will pop out. Thanksgiving is next week and I'm surprise Lucky lab have not posted anything at all. Also don't know why it takes too long for shipping.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
I'd like to place a order but I'm afraid the moment I do it a coupon code will pop out. Thanksgiving is next week and I'm surprise Lucky lab have not posted anything at all. Also don't know why it takes too long for shipping.

Shipping was next day when I ordered a while back....

Though agreed, waiting on a coupon code :3

macbookpro45

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Are these re-usable? I.e. if I take it off, is it done or can I reapply it? How sturdy are they on the phone? What I mean is, how adhesive is the vinyl?

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
They're pretty durable. They won't just fall off randomly so no need to worry about that. Since they're pretty sticky I've found it difficult to remove it without damaging it in some way. Trying to pull up a corner on mine with my nail resulted in it deforming and folding. But what can you expect, taking stickers off of anything is hard haha. I'd rather it be super sticky and keep the sticker in place for a long time than only be semi-sticky come off too easily.

spartanrob

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Got mine on Friday. Not impressed. The back is nice but the wrap pieces are fair. They seem to create a 'sharp' edge. My edges are already getting 'nicked' from pulling the phone in and out of my pocket.

I thought the Teksure wrap would add some grip to the phone, but it does not. Oh well, what's another $12 down the drain.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
My experience with Spectrawrap, tips

I have installed spectrawraps and I am quite pleased with the product. Here are some of my impressions:

Clear:

The clear is pretty much unnoticeable when installed, it has some bit of orange peel but it is not very noticeable on the metal band. I love the fact that it includes a home button cover, something most screen protectors are missing. It adds a lot of grip. I disliked that it has some glue residue on the ends of the tape.

Matte White and silver:

The white is quite good looking, and makes the band pop. The silver looks almost the same as the naked band. But it produces some dust, like the silver paint of it flakes of in the form of dust.

Also I did not liked the colored home button cover, all the skins should include a clear home button cover regardless of color, I find it more useful.

Finally if you are having difficulty aligning the home button (I had a lot) you can apply it wet with dishwasher/water solution. Worked like a charm and the small bubbles disappeared in two days.

Any questions you have on the wraps or installation feel free to drop me a line.:)

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
I have installed spectrawraps and I am quite pleased with the product. Here are some of my impressions:

Clear:

The clear is pretty much unnoticeable when installed, it has some bit of orange peel but it is not very noticeable on the metal band. I love the fact that it includes a home button cover, something most screen protectors are missing. It adds a lot of grip. I disliked that it has some glue residue on the ends of the tape.

Matte White and silver:

The white is quite good looking, and makes the band pop. The silver looks almost the same as the naked band. But it produces some dust, like the silver paint of it flakes of in the form of dust.

Also I did not liked the colored home button cover, all the skins should include a clear home button cover regardless of color, I find it more useful.

Finally if you are having difficulty aligning the home button (I had a lot) you can apply it wet with dishwasher/water solution. Worked like a charm and the small bubbles disappeared in two days.

Any questions you have on the wraps or installation feel free to drop me a line.:)

Fully agree with the home button part. Most screen protector sets don't include home button cover. And the plastic home button is very easy to scratch. Would love of they include a clear home button cover regardless of the color, I agree that the colored home buttons don't look good.

I bought white, black and Olympic blue. But I really want a clear home button cover as well do I guess I'll order another 3 set.

zelaya

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I got a email last night from lucky lab stating they will have a special this black Friday. Buy one and get the second for free, no coupon code needed so I will be ordering......Just a FYI guys

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Very nice. Let us know how the white holds up in couple days after regular usage.

Well I've had the skins for about 2 weeks now. No yellowing for my white,matte. But the SIM cut out isn't holding too well.

if you order, do it this way...the one solid strip of wrap hold up better with time than the sim cut out

This. I highly recommend doing no cut out for the SIM.

I just ordered a 6 set since theluckylabs has a buy one get one free deal going on. All uncut.

zelaya

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Base on prior negative reviews about the sim cut out I decided on ordering without the cut. What are the chance on taking the sim card out.....nah!

BTW, lucky labs are extending the offer buy one and second free until Monday for those you missed the ad.

Jongo1

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2011
quick question. I ordered the white carbon back and a bunch of spectra wraps. I want to put either the teal or olympic blue apple logo on the back. Now I was wondering should I install the carbon fiber back first, or install the apple logo first. What do you think will give me better results because I know I wont be able to precisely line up either one of them perfectly so what would be better to lay down first

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
quick question. I ordered the white carbon back and a bunch of spectra wraps. I want to put either the teal or olympic blue apple logo on the back. Now I was wondering should I install the carbon fiber back first, or install the apple logo first. What do you think will give me better results because I know I wont be able to precisely line up either one of them perfectly so what would be better to lay down first

I'd say put the carbon fiber back first. Because its bigger it's easier to install. The hardest part would be the apple leaf. Take your time.

vtclan

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2011
Does anybody have any idea on how to remove the carbon fiber back and the apple logo without scratching the phone? Normal tape isnt sticky enough to lift it off.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
Toothpick? Since its wood it won't scratch the glass.

Yup, another +1 for a toothpick, that's how I've done it, it doesn't scratch the phone at all, and as long as you do it carefully you can remove the back without any damage at all and reapply it later :)

andyriot

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
I very carefully used the edge of a razor blade and my fingernail to grab a corner and lift up. No damage to the skin (knock on wood!)

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

finger nails seem to work.

If not duck tape.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Wow, just received the Glossy back and front. Horrible. After finally lining up the holes, there are bubbles everywhere. It comes off to easy. I'm 99% sure it is defective. I've ordered over 100$ of stuff the last year and never received something this bad from them.

Not only that, I ordered 3 4S side skins and they sent me iPhone 4 wraps instead.

Waiting for my reply from customer service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.