Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We've received a number of reports over the last hour indicating that users have had difficulty accessing the Mac App Store, with some users also reporting issues with the iTunes Store. There were a handful of reports of the Mac App Store briefly going down a few days ago, but today's outage seems more widespread, even if it is inconsistent and affected users are generally able to regain access after a few minutes.

mac_app_store_can_not_connect.jpg

Observers are of course looking for any sign that the launch of OS X Lion may be imminent, as the next-generation operating system will only be available through the Mac App Store. And while the apparent issues with the Mac App Store going on right now can't be directly linked to Lion, it is an intriguing development.

Article Link: Mac App Store Intermittently Down for Some Users

patrickhopman

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
Not working for me in the netherlands. I just friggin rented an movie, and now i cant watch it because the itunes store is down.....

cchanlatte

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
Connection to any store to view data is perfect but purchases, updates and Ping do not work. Software update within OSX works just fine. Coming from Houston, TX and Miami, FL.

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Can't use it right now, east coast of Canada. Also just got a bunch of updates (about 8 or so, mostly iLife stuff) through software update so really hoping this means Lion is coming :D

Detlev

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Observers are of course looking for any sign that the launch of OS X Lion may be imminent, as the next-generation operating system will only be available through the Mac App Store. And while the apparent issues with the Mac App Store going on right now can't be directly linked to Lion, it is an intriguing development.

I can tell you that by the time you finish reading this sentence the forthcoming OS release will in fact be closer than when you started reading this sentence. :eek:

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I haven’t tried the Mac App Store today, but in the last hour or so, the iOS App Store has been close to 100% unreliable for me, whether accessed via iPad or Mac iTunes.

Pre-Lion shenanigans?

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
Here's a question - will Apple tell people a date for Lion before they release it? I know they release hardware and software unannounced all the time, but have they ever done that for a new Operating System release?

Granted, in the past they've announced a date specifically so people could show up and pick up a hard copy. Do you think it will be different with digital distribution?

Any guesses?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.