Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Mac Notebook and iPod Updates in September?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

AppleInsider claims that Apple resellers have received notice that MacBook, MacBook Pro and iPod supplies will become constrained in the coming weeks. Apple expects to decrease production of these models and, as a result, Apple is recommending that resellers stock up on supplies now to last them through August.
Based on past experiences and knowledge of their own inventory sell-through, those resellers who received the bulletin believe the notice is a strong indicator that Apple will begin introducing its holiday consumer electronics and Mac offerings sometime in early to mid-September.
Apple has refreshed their iPod lineup in September for the past 2 years and is widely expected to do the same again this year. Apple's free iPod Touch Back to School promotion coincidentally ends on September 15th.

Rumored possibilities include a new iPod touch, "tall" iPod nano, MacBook with glass trackpad, newly designed MacBook Pros, and, of course, a Mac tablet.

Article Link

Iam9376

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2008
All I want is..

an iPod Touch with GPS and a Camera.

Also an updated MBP with good battery life and good performance.

Thats all.

Comment

memyselfandhai

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
I was afraid of this. I'm leaving the country late August. Does anybody know if/how I can order a Macbook Pro from South Korea? :confused:

Comment

salvatorereda

macrumors member
May 25, 2007
Its time mac released a tablet.
I find it interesting they have not done so yet.

As a Ipod touch is tablet like, with no flash...
The macbook air is too expensive for the common student.

lets hope they come out with something in between the Ipod Touch and the AIR
for the everyday student who has $45K in student loans....

Comment

caliguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
I wonder what could be in store for the iPod Classic. The Buyer's Guide certainly hints toward a number of Apple hardware announcements, especially iPods. It looks to be an exciting few months for an Apple fan.

Does anyone think the iPod Classic could go flash? Or would it be way too expensive as of now for capacities to reach 160GB?

Comment

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
I was afraid of this. I'm leaving the country late August. Does anybody know if/how I can order a Macbook Pro from South Korea? :confused:

I think you could just log in to apple's US website (assuming you live in the states) and buyfrom there.

unless South Korea is one of those contrtys that control what people do on the net :rolleyes:

Apples notebook line NEEDS a refresh bad. the ipods not so much,

Comment

.Chris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
I wonder what could be in store for the iPod Classic. The Buyer's Guide certainly hints toward a number of Apple hardware announcements, especially iPods. It looks to be an exciting few months for an Apple fan.

Does anyone think the iPod Classic could go flash? Or would it be way too expensive as of now for capacities to reach 160GB?

still up there. I'm thinking apple will simplfly the lines.(none of these ipod nano touch, ipod classic touch that all these little damn kids are predicting) They may make the touch the new "nano" and turn the classsic in the the touch. (a hard drive based touch model. the nano will become the ipod touch)

Comment

isoceles

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
NYC
I was really hoping the MacBook Pros would come out tin August. I hope this batch is worth the wait.

Comment

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
Apple's free iPod Touch Back to School promotion coincidentally ends on September 15th.

the september 15 date isnt exactly that relevant.. the previous years have updated the ipod line before the promo ended..

like last year the ipods were updated on Sept. 5 and the promo ended Sept. 16 so thats eleven days later..

Comment

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
10 needful things for a new MPB for me.

1. Latest generation video cards.
2. High res 15" screen.
3. Blu-ray burner.
4. 8GB maximum memory
5. 500GB HD
6. Quad core cpu.
7. Memory card reader.
8. HDMI and e-sata ports.
9. Fingerprint reader.
10. A 30" LED ACD. :cool: :D

Thank you Apple !

Comment

wickedawesome31

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
well, with the back to school deal ending on the 15th, I wouldn't doubt it if the new products were released on tuesday the 16th. HURRY UP APPLE, I can't stand windows anymore! I have full faith, however, that this refresh will be worth they wait, so i'll wait another month and a half if I have to.

Do you guys think they will have a special event for the refreshed notebooks and ipods? Will it be prior to the release date? Or, will the products go on sale the day of the event? :confused:

Comment

mdntcallr

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2000
Need BLU-RAY!!!!! IT'S WAY OVERDUE !!!

basic models need just BD-Rom Superdrive, option for BD / DVD / CD burner, but that would be too expensive on its own.

also apple get rid of intel integrated video chips

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.