Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Now available via OS X Software Update:

10.3.4 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" and is recommended for all users.

Key enhancements include:

- improved file sharing and directory services for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS), PPTP, and wireless networks
- improved OpenGL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- improved disc burning and recording functionality
- iPods connected via USB 2.0 are now recognized by iTunes and iSync
- additional FireWire audio and USB device compatibility
- updated Address Book, Mail, Safari, Stickies, and QuickTime applications
- improved compatibility for third party applications
- previous standalone security updates

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25764

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
I always wondered why we couldn't connect our iPods via USB2. Now this frees up my firewire port!

leenoble

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2003
Downloading now but I'll wait for you other schmu.. early adopters to give thorough feedback first.

I thought there was something about TWAIN drivers in the early notes for this update. I want my Microtek C60 to start working again without OS9. and no VueScan doesn't cut it for some reason.

henners

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2004

Attachments

• 10.3.4.jpg
    10.3.4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,929

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
I've been lacking updates for so long.. can't wait for my RoadRunner to be installed tomorrow so I can download this bad mofo.

All the updates on my powerbook tomorrow! Woot!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Downloading...

Hope this fixes the bug where Finder chrashes when I trie to drag and drop more than a couple files from the Desktop to ...anywhere really, even other place at the Desktop...

wildmac

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2003
combined updaters too!

Just updated my new G5 which shipped with 10.3.2 with the combined updater to 10.3.4

nsb3000

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
Boston, MA
mactastic said:
Cool, can't wait to get home and install. Hope it doesn't wipe my HD or anything! :p

Ya, you never know with updates these days. I think I will wait a bit before installing to here more reports from other users.

nsb3000

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
Boston, MA
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Downloading...

Hope this fixes the bug where Finder chrashes when I trie to drag and drop more than a couple files from the Desktop to ...anywhere really, even other place at the Desktop...

There are a lot of bugs in the finder. I'm hoping that file sharing is more stable.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
nsb3000 said:
Ya, you never know with updates these days. I think I will wait a bit before installing to here more reports from other users.
Exactly what I'm doing, ever since 10.2.8 was released causing all sorts of problems (or was it 10.2.7?), I'll let others go nuts and install first ;) :cool:

The Tuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2003
Arghh. It's downloading really slow. All you people need to get off for a few minutes!! :)p ) What is the new Safari version?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I thought it was just me! Thank god! At least I know it's not just my OS that is screwy :rolleyes:

dgoss

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
wireless?

I reeeally hope that this clears up the problems with Powerbooks not reconnecting their Airports after sleep. This seems to be pretty widespread on machines with over 1GB RAM after the last Airport update... we'll see!

d.

The Ancients

macrumors member
May 19, 2003
Auckland, New Zealand
No Problems here.

It restarted, and a quick test of all applications listed as updated seem to indicate no issues. Safari is noticeably faster though, so maybe Dave and his team introduced the changes Dave mentioned in his blog.

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
gandalf55 said:
Safari is fast as hell now... esp. bookmark menus dropping and rendering pages!

What's the new version number for Safari? I just graduated yesterday, so now I can't use my computer 'til the fall when I go back..... unless I get to take it home some over the summer ;) ! Don't want a "security hole" on the network now do we? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.