2A Batterie said:
The 10.3.8 Update delivers improved compatibility and reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" and is recommended for all users.
Key updates include:
- improved OpenGL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- improved file sharing and directory services for mixed Mac and PC networks
- improved compatibility for third party applications and devices
- previous standalone security updates
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n300569
For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798
SHA 1= 68a133a0c21718169e8b09644d0a029ae7eae2e2
For detailed information on SHA 1 Digest, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n75510
Count me in the list of users intermittently experiencing issue #1 on Mac OS X 10.3.7! Looking forward to the 10.3.8 install as soon as I return home...Doctor Q said:Enhancements, according to Apple:
- Addresses an issue with Mac OS X 10.3.7 in which iChat, Mail, or other network-based applications could take a long time to open.
- Addresses an issue in which a computer wouldn't always restart automatically after a power failure, even when the Energy Saver preference option "Restart automatically after a power failure" was selected.
- Improves the performance of Blizzard World of Warcraft's "Full Screen Glow" video feature.
- Improves DVD Player compatibility when playing a movie (using certain ATI Radeon cards) to an external widescreen TV with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Resolves an issue in which a "flicker" could be seen when navigating DVD menus in DVD Player on certain PowerBook G4 computers.
- Addresses an issue in which a PowerBook G4 computer would, on rare occasion, wake from sleep with a black screen and not respond to any keyboard, mouse, or trackpad input.
- Addresses "jumping cursor" issues that might occur when using your portable computer's trackpad with your thumb, side of thumb, or a "flat" finger.
- Resolves an issue on certain Power Mac G5 computers where a fan cycles erratically at unexpected times, such as when Seti@home software is running.
- Speeds up Address Book and Mail LDAP lookups that are performed by a Cisco DistributedDirector DNS server.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent clients using the Active Directory plugin from binding to their Active Directory server.