Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Mac OS X 10.5.2 Inches Closer... Build 9C23 Seeded

Apple appears to be working hard on Mac OS X 10.5.2, and has seeded yet another build to developers. Today's build comes in at 9C23 and offers a number of fixes to CoreGraphics, DVD Playback, File Systems, BackupCore and Web Content Filter. Apple again lists "no known issues" with this seed of Mac OS X 10.5.2.

Apple is expected to publicly release 10.5.2 imminently. The previous Mac OS X 10.5.2 build (9C20) was seeded to developers just 2 days ago.

Known features/fixes for the upcoming version of Mac OS X:

- World of Warcraft fix, No AirDisk backups
- Optional Transparent Menu Bar, DVD/CD Sharing
- List View in Stacks

Article Link

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
I like the idea of list view in stacks.
Should be a good update.

Nice double post.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
This was double posted?
I notice this as well.

I'm a little surprised that the last seed didn't make it out today. I just got ahold of Leopard Server and it's great but want my updates. I'm sure all of us will want to scour every little kernel extension to find out what new hardware is around the corner.

Can anyone confirm the Penryn enhancements?

[admit edit: double post fixed - arn]

Attachments

• double.png
    double.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,204
  • post.png
    post.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 719

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Release date?

Friday was rumored to be the release day they were aiming for, but if they don't get it out by friday, might they release it over the weekend? Has an OS X upgrade ever been released on a weekend day in the past?

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
I hope there's a graphics fix for us new MacPro owners with the graphics freeze issue.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
DVD Playback! Good, I've watched a couple of DVDs over the last few days and ran into a couple of issues that are now hopefully fixed :) (eg. One of my DVDs puts itself on mute when I fast-forward, and I need to fiddle with the volume slider to get noise out of it again).

Rocketman

macrumors 603
"Innovative" idea from Rocketman

Hi Steve.

So.

With all the minimalization of devices achieved and coming soon, I want a way to achieve bulletproof backward compatibility. I want an iPod dock like port that does the following from a dongle:

Ethernet 10/100/1000/10000
FW400
FW800/3200
USB 1/2/3
ADB/PS2/DB9
Composite Video/HDI/xx
and more

I realize the device itself will be a sphere or rectangulator with the wierdest surface ever. So price it at $299 retail and impress us with the interface driver. Dock it.

Rocketman

:)

bennifer3000

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
So from the screenshot the Menu Bar Opacity is either on/off, am I wrong?

I hope that it's not the case. Atleast let us go from 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%.

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
Hi Steve.

So.

With all the minimalization of devices achieved and coming soon, I want a way to achieve bulletproof backward compatibility. I want an iPod dock like port that does the following from a dongle:

FW400
FW800/3200
USB 1/2/3
ADB/PS2/DB9
Composite Video/HDI/xx
and more

I realize the device itself will be a sphere or rectangulator with the wierdest surface ever. So price it at $299 retail and impress us with the interface driver. Dock it.

Rocketman

I would love apple to have a one plug docking solution, where I could just plug in one thing, and my usb would be hooked up, power, firewire, digital audio out, dvi.... This really would be a good idea

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Hi Steve.

So.

FW400
FW800/3200
USB 1/2/3
ADB/PS2/DB9
Composite Video/HDI/xx
and more

Rocketman

USB comes pretty close...

USB to Ethernet
USB Modem
USB to Parallel
USB to Serial
Display Link (USB to DVI)
USB A/V Breakout

Neo110503

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Hi Steve.

So.

FW400
FW800/3200
USB 1/2/3
ADB/PS2/DB9
Composite Video/HDI/xx
and more

Rocketman

It should julienne fries too. Otherwise it should be priced around $279.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
Has Apple ever released an update the day after the seed was released? Because this seems a little rushed for tomorrow's rumored release.

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
Ah, I did a software update before checking here and I got excited when I saw 10.5.2 but then was immediately disappointed. :rolleyes: It's almost here. Almost.

JML42691, I *think* they released 10.5.1 the day after the latest build was seeded, but I could be wrong.

MacGeek Pro

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2007
Lincoln, NE
I am very excited about this release. I have been having small issues left and right in the last few weeks. Hoping this irons out the wrinkles.

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
Yea, I'm starting to get that mirror effect again no the dock. Got it about 5 times on my last MacPro, and now got it once on this one. 10.5.2 is gonna be awesome. Can't wait.

Awww man, Apple has to be aware of this. I guess it's a good thing (not good that you're going through it), but now I'd bet we see an update to the firmware soon.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Sorry guys the dock connector was my idea first (at least I think I was). I posted asking if all that would be possible if Apple releases a real UMPC.

Well, anyway the proceeds are mine if they launch this idea. :D

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
complaints about no docking solution have been going on for years

Sorry guys the dock connector was my idea first (at least I think I was). I posted asking if all that would be possible if Apple releases a real UMPC.

Well, anyway the proceeds are mine if they launch this idea. :D

"Apple, please make a dock" is nothing new....

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
I would really like a network solution to Time Machine without having to buy a Time Capsule.

foidulus

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2007
I hope they "fix" front row too

They had the perfect way to organize TV shows in Tiger, but then in Leopard they changed it slightly. Instead of listing each tv show, then each season in the next menu level, Leopard initially just put all episodes of a particular series into a big list after you chose the series. Not the greatest system, but still much better than what they have now. In the root menu for tv shows, they now make a seperate entry for each season for each show(some of mine have up to 10 seasons) and whats worse is that they don't TELL you which season it is in the menu, you pretty much have to guess.

This is an inexplicably dumb move from Apple, who had a really sharp UI for this prodcut to start with then just seems tried to intentionally destroy it. These really makes me mad because Front Row was one of the big reasons I upgraded from a powerbook. The ability to basically have a remote that allowed my mac to act as a TV for all my purchased iTunes shows and dvds(ripped with handbrake) was great. But Apple has gone and made the UI almost unusable. I would go back to Tiger, but I have an SR macbook, so that isn't possible.

However, the odds of that being fixed in 10.5.2 are pretty slim. Anyone know of a good front row replacement that is compatible with the apple remote?

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
They've either been released of Tuesdays or Fridays. Since everyone get their MacBook Air tomorrow, I'm guessing it will be tomorrow because it has the wireless optical software for the Air.

Release date?

Friday was rumored to be the release day they were aiming for, but if they don't get it out by friday, might they release it over the weekend? Has an OS X upgrade ever been released on a weekend day in the past?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.