Mac OS X Tiger at FOSE

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
One Slashdot reader reports that Apple is exhibiting at FOSE 2005 -- a goverment agency focused technology expo which takes place April 5-7, 2005 in Washington, DC.

Of interest, however, is that Apple is publicly exhibiting Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger at the expo. The build version of Mac OS X 10.4 on display is 8A428 -- the same as the rumored gold master.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Doctor Q said:
What could possibly remain to be done before Apple's retail Tiger announcement?
More entertainment for the Tiger team. We sit here waiting, checking these forums and site regularly. The people at Apple do the same, while they are ROTFLAO.

alms

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2003
Boston
April 21

Apple's annual general meeting of shareholders will be held on April 21st in Cupertino. Maybe that's when they'll announce it!

grizzlybrice

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Playa Del Rey, CA
mvc said:
Y'know its true, you just gotta watch 24 :rolleyes:
actually i've been seeing a lot of HPs on there lately. I know that the second season had all G5s in CTU... Kind of sad that there isn't anymore

but hey, we all know that holding tab and an arrow key will bring up the information about a hard-drive manufacturer (last episode they did that... ep.4, 10-11pm sigh...) :D

Brice

EANx

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2005
I still think Tiger won't be out until WWDC, but then again I am sick of speculating.

OwenMan

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2005
We could be waiting for weeks, I dont think I can take much mroe of this checking the forum everyday waiting for tiger. Its driving me crazy.

I'm waiting to get a G4 Powerbook 17inch, its been ordered and paid for, but I requested that it not be shipped til Tiger comes with it. My supplier said that it would be sometime in April. I hope his right. It is very tempting just to forget about tiger and get it shipped now.

dvapplepro

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2004
I wake up everyday and run to my computer to see if there is going to any info on the apple site! Im sick of doing this!

oober_freak

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2005
Indian Ocean
the first thing i do every morning is check the apple site!! :eek:

i want to switch to a mac... will buy either the mini/ibook... steve dont act like bill!!!!! release the thing fast :p

watch out for the environment freaks.. they'll sue u for trapping a tiger for so long... :D

SuperChuck

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2003
Chucktown, SC
I was just at the Apple Store in Charlotte, NC and I asked when they expected Tiger to be released. The genius guy said "soon." I said, "how soon?" He said it would happen this month.

Does he actually know anything? Probably not. But that's what he said.