Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amir667

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
Hello people, I own a 2012 5,1 Mac pro, with dual processors 64 GB RAM.
Every time I try and boot it up there is no display or chime however all fans are spinning at regular speed (even the ones on the graphics card).
I have tried to switch hdmi cables and to reset following the SMC and PRAM but to no avail.

Here is a picture of the LEDs lighting up after pressing the dial log button Screenshot_20200613-171245~2.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

KeesMacPro

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2019
Hi,
There's a Technician Guide for your Mac Pro that you could download, it can be very helpful for troubleshooting .
Also it's recommended to make a Signature or at least add a more detailed description of your MP(hardware ,OS etc.) so people could help you much better.

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
Hello people, I own a 2012 5,1 Mac pro, with dual processors 64 GB RAM.
Every time I try and boot it up there is no display or chime however all fans are spinning at regular speed.

Thanks in advance for any help.
You have not told us very much about how your Mac pro is set up. It would help us a lot if you go to your Macrumors member Profile/ SIGNATURE - fill this is with all the relevant information.

macrumors member SIGNATURE.png

EXAMPLE : My SIGNATURE is at the bottom of this post.

For the Mac Pro we reset the "NVRAM"
Like this . ..
Read the small back text please.

shut down first and remove the Mac Pro's power cord for a few minutes.
NVRAM_PRAM_ResetMac.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.