Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ASFx

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
I ordered my mac pro around noon, feb 22, and it's delivery date is this thursday, the 28th :)

Arkillion

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2004
Denver, CO
I ordered mine on Feb.16th with an estimated ship date of 22-26th. Has not shipped yet. Standard + 8800gt + wifi.

Mine finally shipped today, a day after the last estimated ship date. Estimated delivery 29th. I was able to get them to refund the expedited shipping charges. Disappointing to see others ordering after me and receiving before me. Guess thats how it goes.

Beardy man

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Mine arrived today - 4 days earlier than estimated! - not complaining :D

So far its been on for about 4hrs, no problems to report. Very quiet.

30" ACD also perfect, no dead pixels , no glitches - so far, but I haven't really DONE anything with it yet, just want to see how it runs "out of the box". If I have no problems then I'll start loading stuff up and upgrading to 10.5.2 (shipped with 10.5.1. was sort of expecting 10.5.2 by now) and add Graphics update (though if everything is working okay what do I have to gain by updating at the moment?

2.8 Octo, 500Gb, 2Gb, wireless etc
30" ACD

vohdoun

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
Far away from Earth.
If I have no problems then I'll start loading stuff up and upgrading to 10.5.2 (shipped with 10.5.1. was sort of expecting 10.5.2 by now) and add Graphics update (though if everything is working okay what do I have to gain by updating at the moment?

2.8 Octo, 500Gb, 2Gb, wireless etc
30" ACD

Just do it, there's no reason it should break. If it was to break, it'll go bust whether 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 is present.

10.5.2 fixes more things than 10.5.1

Enjoy the system.

thedommer

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
anyone else still waiting on early feb orders.... I ordered on the 14th. today I ht the 2 week mark and no mac :( hopefully very soon. lots of work piling up I need to get done.

/\/\

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
Germany
anyone else still waiting on early feb orders.... I ordered on the 14th. today I ht the 2 week mark and no mac :( hopefully very soon. lots of work piling up I need to get done.

Feb 13, 2008 um 02:28 PM GMT -

Versandbereit ("prepared to ship")

Voraussichtliche Versandzeit: 29 Feb, 2008 (shipping time)
Voraussichtliche Lieferzeit: 10 Mar, 2008 (delivery time)

Is it normal, that "prepared to ship" is still since yesterday evening.

How long does it take from "prepared to ship" to "shipped"?

And 10 days from shipping to delivery?

thedommer

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
Feb 13, 2008 um 02:28 PM GMT -

Versandbereit ("prepared to ship")

Voraussichtliche Versandzeit: 29 Feb, 2008 (shipping time)
Voraussichtliche Lieferzeit: 10 Mar, 2008 (delivery time)

Is it normal, that "prepared to ship" is still since yesterday evening.

How long does it take from "prepared to ship" to "shipped"?

And 10 days from shipping to delivery?

prepared for shipping sometimes sits around for a while.

im in canada. most people seem to be getting theirs in a week here. sometimes slightly longer. I expected mine to be here already. :(

John Jordan

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
NY
Ordered mine on Monday night, the 25th, a dual quad 2.8 with the 8800, 1 tb hd and an airport card. Scheduled to arrive (with Fed X Tracking) on Monday, March 3rd in New York, standard shipping, not bad!

Best from a PC convert,

John

welshy1812

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
My Mac Pro has a status of 'Shipped'. I really want to know where it is, I know it won't get to me any faster but it might ease my constant checking of the Apple Order Status page !

Or maybe not :D

Beardy man

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
My Mac Pro has a status of 'Shipped'. I really want to know where it is, I know it won't get to me any faster but it might ease my constant checking of the Apple Order Status page !
Or maybe not :D

Bad news: Apple's tracking has got considerably worse since the last time I bought from the Apple Store. I used to be able to track my Macs from Shanghai, across Europe and through UK. This time, the first I knew of where it was (after the "shipping" notice) was the day before it arrived. I was getting a bit frustrated ;)

Good News: It arrived 4 days early! Fingers crossed for you mate. I know where you're at! So far, mine's uptime is 24hrs straight, no problems, worth the wait.

welshy1812

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Bad news: Apple's tracking has got considerably worse since the last time I bought from the Apple Store. I used to be able to track my Macs from Shanghai, across Europe and through UK. This time, the first I knew of where it was (after the "shipping" notice) was the day before it arrived. I was getting a bit frustrated ;)

Good News: It arrived 4 days early! Fingers crossed for you mate. I know where you're at! So far, mine's uptime is 24hrs straight, no problems, worth the wait.

Sounds good, couple of days early would be a real bonus, I can't wait, don't think I've been this excited about a computer, ever !

thedommer

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
Wooooooooooooo

I'm typing to you from my new mac pro. Have not tried very much yet but so far its a lot quieter then my PC and OSX runs like a dream. I had to drive through a pretty crazy snow storm to pick it up. definitely worth it!

8 core 2.8
6 gigs ram
2x750GB samsung spinpoint F1
and a bunch of other stuff :)

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle

I take that back! I'm now:

Prepared for Shipment

I wonder if Apple has pressure to ship at the end of every month to make sales, or if that's more a quarterly thing...

Hopefully it goes out today and I get it early next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.