Mac Pro update really close

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
The Mac Pro update is really close! Look at the Mac Mini, iMac, Macbook, and Macbook Pro websites: under Tech specs they all say "Leopard" http://www.apple.com/macmini/specs.html

Now look under the Mac Pro: http://www.apple.com/macpro/specs.html
It still says Tiger.

The update is so close that it wasn't even worth equipping the current Mac Pro with Leopard.

~Matt
Either they are really slow at updating the website, or our theory of a MacPro announcement is coming this Tuesday shipping November 12. God I want this new MacPro, NOW! Apple did say "Significant Announcements" during the last full week of October, and to me, a last full week could mean Wed 10/24 to Wed 10/31.

Comment

hugodrax

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
Comment

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
If people really wanted Leopard sooooo bad, they would buy it opening day or this weekend. Can't see Apple promoting this for that long. They need to start saying, "Enjoy the fastest Mac on the fastest Mac ever."

Comment

mogrefy

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2003
San Diego
Of course, an update on Tuesday with shipping beginning November 12 begs the question...

What video cards will they include in the options (any GTX goodness despite it being a year old now)?

Comment

aLoC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2006
Maybe they will still ship Tiger with the Mac Pro until all the Pro apps are Leopard-ready.

Comment

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
hm, Apple Canada site states that ALL Macs come with Leopard.
UK Apple Store has Tiger 10.4 in the included software for all hardware, MacBooks, MBP, Minii, iMac, Mac Pro. However there is a tag to say "Every new Mac ships with Leopard" so I guess they come pre-installed with Tiger with a leopard upgrade disc slipped into the box.

Comment

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Just checked the US store, it's the exact same as the UK store.
So why would they update the store to include Leopard but not the tech specs?

I would put it down to a mistake, but this is a rumors site so in keeping with the spirit, Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Comment

Matt342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
The OS that's stated in the Tech specs is the OS that's preinstalled. If you buy a Mac Pro now you're still gonna get Leopard but they're just gonna slip the DVD in the box instead of having it already installed on your hard drive. There's no point in having Leopard installed by default if the new Mac Pros which will most likely come out in the next 2 weeks will have it.....

Comment

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
The OS that's stated in the Tech specs is the OS that's preinstalled. If you buy a Mac Pro now you're still gonna get Leopard but they're just gonna slip the DVD in the box instead of having it already installed on your hard drive. There's no point in having Leopard installed by default if the new Mac Pros which will most likely come out in the next 2 weeks will have it.....
Everything still comes with Tiger, not just Mac Pros.
Anyway, we are expecting MacBooks 'mid November' and MacBook Pros "January". I'm not 'up' with the Mac Pros, but are you sure new ones are due in 2 weeks?

Comment

Matt342

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
The 8800gt is coming out on October 29th.

~Matt

Video card wise... maybe Apple will include the new Nvidia (G92) 8800GT - the intel and rumored Nvidia releases both have speculation targeting early-mid November.

My plastic is out and ready to order if Apple gives us some new video cards with our chip upgrade!!!

*EDIT* Link: http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=197629

Comment

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
What a good observation!

The Mac Pro should be updated within the next 2 weeks. It's perfect timing because the new processors are coming.

Too bad Multimedia got banned for some reason?

Comment

donharriss

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2007
Southern Oregon
MM banned?

Too bad Multimedia got banned for some reason?
I've been lurking following the "waiting" threads - I'm waiting as well - but I missed any posts that seamed like it would have caused a banning. What did I miss?

Does anyone know what happened - I'm curious because he was an excellent source of info?

Comment

Gloor

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2007
I've been lurking following the "waiting" threads - I'm waiting as well - but I missed any posts that seamed like it would have caused a banning. What did I miss?

Does anyone know what happened - I'm curious because he was an excellent source of info?
I wonder too. I asked here and also in general forums but it got deleted in few secs so I have no idea what is going on here. Anyone knows?

Comment

adamzx3

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
NE Ohio
I wonder too. I asked here and also in general forums but it got deleted in few secs so I have no idea what is going on here. Anyone knows?
:rolleyes: Hmmm that sounds like a certain Photography forum I used to frequent...I left because of things like that, couldn't voice your opinion without it being deleted or censored....thats a shame

I looked at his previous posts and they must have deleted his "offensive" posts because there wasn't a thing on his post history that would be grounds for a ban.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.