Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Every product that Apple announced at its "Peek Performance" event is now available for same-day pickup at select Apple Stores in the United States, including the Mac Studio, Studio Display, new iPhone SE, new iPad Air, and green iPhone 13 models.

apple-studio-display.jpg

The two standard configurations of the Mac Studio with an M1 Max chip for $1,999 or an M1 Ultra chip for $3,999 are available for pickup at some Apple Store locations, as is the Studio Display with standard glass and a tilt-adjustable stand, but custom configurations and other built-to-order options have very limited in-store availability.

The new iPhone SE and iPad Air models are more widely available for Apple Store pickup in many storage capacity and color combinations.

To order a product with Apple Store pickup, add the product to your bag on Apple.com or in the Apple Store app, proceed to checkout, select the "I'll pick it up" option, enter your ZIP code, choose an available Apple Store location, select a pickup date, and select a 15-minute check-in window for arriving to the store. Payment is completed online, and a valid government-issued photo ID and the order number are required upon pickup.

Apple began accepting pre-orders for the Mac Studio and Studio Display on March 8, followed by the new iPhone SE, iPad Air, and green iPhone 13 models on March 11, and the first deliveries to customers began today.

While at the Apple Store, don't forget to pick up black-and-silver Magic accessories for the Mac, which went on sale last week.

Article Link: Mac Studio and Studio Display Now Available for Same-Day Pickup at Select Apple Stores

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Want two of these displays, but not going to remotely consider buying them until webcam fixed and re-reviewed.

The days of the front facing camera being an afterthought are long past. We live in the age of Zoom and selfies, and Apple knows better.

Maybe it’s true it was actually a last minute bug—which sounds highly dubious. But if it is actually so, then this is the wakeup call that Apple needs and it’s customers have long understood: Apple’s software quality has been subpar for years, typically shipped incomplete and buggy. Just look at Monterey, or the last few iphone releases where hardware advances waited months for the software to enable tentpole hardware features.

Last edited:

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Want two of these displays, but not going to remotely consider buying them until webcam fixed and re-reviewed.

the days of the front facing camera being an afterthought are long past. We live in the age of Zoom and selfies, and Apple should know better.

Maybe it’s true it was actually a last minute bug—which sounds highly dubious. But if it is actually so, then this is the wakeup call that Apple needs and it’s customers have long understood: Apple’s software quality has been subpar for years and shipped incomplete and buggy. Just look at Monterey. And the last few iphone releases where hardware advances waited months for the software to enable these tentpole features.
Apple is not the hungry underdog it was under Jobs. More importantly, they lost their 2 visionaries, Steve and Jony.

Send a message to Apple AND save your hard earned money by NOT buying their over-priced, zero-innovation display. I don’t know what your needs are, but most people can’t discern the difference between 4k and 5k so you can save yourself $1500 by going with an LG 4k, or if you absolutely need 5k, get the LG 5K display and save $700.

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
My 1995 Sony TV has slimmer bezels than this....Studio Display bezels are HUUUUGE....this user clearly wants an 1080p webcam with a notch and slimmer bezel
They do not need to be this big they could of been the size of the iPad Pro they look so dated and for the webcam well it’s not good anyways

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
Even the manager at the London store said the new display is old tech for way over priced he said no pro would buy the mac studio with it as they would rather have the pro XDR we chatted for an hour, he thinks the iMac is better deal it had a computer for 200 more this display is apples way to screw it’s fan base, it’s an old display is a new thick body for nearly 2000

aviationwiz

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2005
If they are available for pickup in stores why is my pre-order still set to “processing” and delivering 1-2 weeks out?

Different inventory lines / supply chains. If stores were combined with online orders, there wouldn't be stock available for purchase for weeks (or months) on certain products in stores.

Chambers McMac

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2015
Springdale Vermont
Even the manager at the London store said the new display is old tech for way over priced he said no pro would buy the mac studio with it as they would rather have the pro XDR we chatted for an hour, he thinks the iMac is better deal it had a computer for 200 more this display is apples way to screw it’s fan base, it’s an old display is a new thick body for nearly 2000
Why do I have the feeling your going to pick one of these bad boys up now.

RedTheReader

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2019
… but most people can’t discern the difference between 4k and 5k so you can save yourself $1500 by going with an LG 4k, or if you absolutely need 5k, get the LG 5K display and save $700.
I’m in the process of trying out Samsung’s Odyssey G7 (28” 144Hz 4K) at the moment. I was let down by the Studio Display not having ProMotion and basically being the same as the LG 5K I was already using, so I thought I’d take a look at something else.

Anyway, I’m bringing this up because I think there absolutely is a discernible difference… if you try to have text be a similar size on both displays, i.e., using 150% scaling on the 4K and 200% on the 5K. If you just run both at 200%, the 4K’s text is much bigger of course, but it looks just as sharp as the 5K.

EDIT: I should note that I only used these on macOS. For all I know, Windows and Linux might manage to make 150% on the 4K look nearly as good as 200% on the 5K because of their sub-pixel antialiasing.

Last edited:
Reactions: System603

whiteboytrash

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007

There is no way in the world this was said. None.

BillyBurke

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
Will the older Apple Monitors work with the Studio? WalMart has some really nice, really cheap renovated monitors on sale.

Sirmausalot

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2007
Apple is not the hungry underdog it was under Jobs. More importantly, they lost their 2 visionaries, Steve and Jony.

Send a message to Apple AND save your hard earned money by NOT buying their over-priced, zero-innovation display. I don’t know what your needs are, but most people can’t discern the difference between 4k and 5k so you can save yourself $1500 by going with an LG 4k, or if you absolutely need 5k, get the LG 5K display and save $700.
So the display isn't quite up to snuff. But the Ultra is amazing. Not only did they bring ports back, they created a machine that will edit and encode like a champ in a small form factor for a price point that makes sense to me. And I can get two great LG 4k monitors for less and I'm all set anyway. Jonny Ive is a brilliant designer, but sacrificing function for form made him a detriment to users for the past decade he was at Apple.

Reactions: System603

whiteboytrash

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007

and then you have a webcam and speakers to add for +$500-$600.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
IMG_0210.jpeg

Both Bristol UK stores had stock of Mac Studios and Displays, for pickup today. I bought my new Studio Display and Magic Keyboard at just after 6am this morning when the stock went live. Collected at 11am. Store was not at all busy and went straight up to the click and collect lady, I was out again in around 10 mins.

Comparison photo against 16" M1 MBP (Pro) and late 2014 27" 5k Retina iMac. For anyone picking up the display today, make sure the car is not too far away as the box that it comes in is quite substantial and the package was heavier than I expected for just a screen.

Really pleased with the display, have not tried the camera yet, but hopefully any issues is a software fix away. Audio is very impressive with spatial sound.

Bart Katz

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2012
Southwest USA
The new Mac Studio and displays announcement reminds me of the marketing for the Performa/LC x200 series. A lot of hype for an overpriced technically inferior product.

Just bring back an M1 iMac and end the embarrassment. You have to move the marketing geniuses and design dweebs for this one to the loading dock.

Also, immediately stop production of the $200 keyboards - are you nuts!

a3Dman

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2022
View attachment 1975841

Both Bristol UK stores had stock of Mac Studios and Displays, for pickup today. I bought my new Studio Display and Magic Keyboard at just after 6am this morning when the stock went live. Collected at 11am. Store was not at all busy and went straight up to the click and collect lady, I was out again in around 10 mins.

Comparison photo against 16" M1 MBP (Pro) and late 2014 27" 5k Retina iMac. For anyone picking up the display today, make sure the car is not too far away as the box that it comes in is quite substantial and the package was heavier than I expected for just a screen.

Really pleased with the display, have not tried the camera yet, but hopefully any issues is a software fix away. Audio is very impressive with spatial sound.
Do you have any idea if the base Mac Studio with M1 Ultra was available in any UK store today?

I saw that only the M1 Max version was available, not sure if they ran out of the M1 Ultra version, or they didn't get any stock of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.