Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AtharvShinde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2023
Using MacBook Air m1 and notice there is gap between lid and base of MacBook m1 . Already this is my 2nd replacement unit and still there is same gap issue. What should I do and is it normal for all MacBook users.

Last edited:

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
There are two camps of people here; 1) I broke my piggy bank and paid $x so I better get what I perceive as perfection damn it, and 2) I just use the thing, nothing is perfect, does it actually work?

I don’t see a problem in your video. Guess which camp I’m in. My remedy is open the top and use it. Stop pushing on it.

• Haha
Reactions: chabig and circatee

AtharvShinde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2023
3 of my friend don't have such gap. so still is it normal ? and your macbook also have same thing ?
Thank for reply :)

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
3 of my friend don't have such gap. so still is it normal ? and your macbook also have same thing ?
Thank for reply :)

I owned several MacBook airs over the last 10 years. Yes this was normal. I would see a post like yours, look at my air and go, ‘oh wow, if I look really hard I can find a slight gap if I push. Metal on metal often has gaskets for this reason. I don’t want a gasket. So I just use the computer and stop searching for a problem. I bet if you searched your friends computers you would find one with a slightly off color screen, one with a slightly shorter battery life, and one with the almighty forbid, a scratch!

AtharvShinde

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2023
Damm thanks for reply. now i feel lil relaxed. my 3 friends have same macbook air and only i have that issue and other 3 of them don't care if they notice such issue in their macbook lol i don't know why its always me. and why such things happens with me.

Reactions: minazuki-sho

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Well not judging, but it’s because you look for it? You keep calling it an issue, but is it? To me it’s an issue if a computer keeps crashing, or drops a color channel, or overheats, or the keys stick. An issue interferes with the function of the computer. This is?

Reactions: chabig
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.