cwalex18

Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
United States
Just saw this in software update. Says it will fix the issue on the MacBook Pros with the first keystroke being missed. Installing Now...

Attachments

• softwareupdate.jpg
    softwareupdate.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 382

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
ou know, I had always thought that quirk was just my bad typing skills. :D

Good to see it's finally fixed!

cwalex18

Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
United States
I just installed the update. Didn't even require a restart. It says in Software Update that it will automatically open the updater, but for me it did not and I had to go to the utilities folder and open it manually. I posted what the updater screen looks like below. No problems so far with the update. Too soon to tell if the keystroke issue is actually fixed though.

Attachments

• updatewindow.jpg
    updatewindow.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 236

mojopixel

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2007
Somewhere in Time
Hello,

I've downloaded the update for my MacBook and all I can say is "wow!", the update fixed the keystroke issue as well as the issue with using my external display with the lid down. So I 'm currently really happy.

cheers,

mp :)

theotherguy

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2007
Keyboard Firmware Update

Is this new (or did I somehow manage to avoid this for a while)?

Attachments

• Keyboard.jpg
    Keyboard.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 176

iTim314

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2005
U.S.
Might want to mention this update is only for Leopard users.

I still have Tiger, and when I checked the Software Update is said all my software was up to date. I then checked the Apple Downloads site and download the update and tried to install, and it gave me an error saying it needed at least 10.5 to install.

timish

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
For anyone interested (and historical purposes) this updated my keyboard from 0.13 to 0.18 as listed in the System Profiler. It also solved the problem.

System is a 2.33Ghz MBP 17 C2D

Tim

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
MacBook, MacBook Pro Keyboard Firmware Update 1.0

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has posted MacBook, MacBook Pro Keyboard Firmware Update 1.0, which aims to address some keyboard issues some users may have been experiencing.

This MacBook and MacBook Pro firmware update addresses an issue where the first key press may be ignored if the computer has been sitting idle. It also addresses some other issues.

The update package will install an updater application into the Applications/Utilities folder and will launch it automatically. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to complete the update process.

Apple issued a software update for its portables that experienced keyboard issues under Mac OS 10.5 earlier this year.

More Info

Article Link

NekoFever

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2005
Because it's a Leopard only issue?
I've been having this problem since I got my MacBook Pro, which was long before Leopard.

I'm so glad that they've finally fixed it. I thought it was me being stupid for the longest time until I stumbled across a thread on the Apple support forums with a few pages of people discussing the same problem.

ooray!

dopeytree

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
UK
Ha

ha i had this problem today its just a tad annoying requiring your to reboot and loose everything because the keyboard wont respond but looks like its fixed now :)

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Good to know they got that issue worked out...

Now please, no posts about the absence of an update today...let's stay on topic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.