Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark_94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2016
Hello partypeople :)

My girlfriend actually uses a Macbook Pro 13 inch late 2013. In addition she uses an iPad Pro from 2017.
So now she want a new device, but she's quite unsure if it will be a new Macbook (also 13 inch with touchbar) or a new iMac (21.5 inch 4k). Also it's really a "I want" not a "I need" :D

Is anybody using an iMac in combination with an iPad Pro?
The thought is, that she can't take the iMac with her, but in this case she thinks that she can use the iPad Pro she already have and she's happy with.
She really wants to create a real workspace and the iMac would bound her to the desk, so there is no more "I study now in bed and end up to netflix."
But if she needs to take important documents to work on with her, she could still use her iPad on the go.

Is somebody working like this and it works? Can anybody share his or her experience with us?
Cause the iPad is still no replacement for a macbook.

Another thought is to use a new macbook in combination with an extern monitor so she can still take the macbook with her if it's needed. But this way is a lot more expensive and she's not sure if its worth it.

Thanks a lot :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.