Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huffy15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Dubai, UAE
I just came back from apple store. I left my mbp forg the past 4 days and today they told me they checked the battery and everything is fine. I complained about the awful battery life I had (3-4 hours max). I never reached more than 4 hours. I'm only using Google Chrome and Coda. I just bought a macbook 2016 during the repair and the battery life is averaging 8 hours easily with the same usage.

I did every single updates on the mbp, tried gfxCardStatus and forced the integrated graphic card. I'm out of solution. Should I ask Apple for a refund through apple care? My main requirements with this laptop was the battery life and the portability. Right now I regret my choice.

Anyone else have the same problem with his macbook pro? It feels like no one complain since the January update.

thx

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
How long did you have the first MBP before you took it back? If it was longer than 14 days you may have trouble getting them to accept a return. If so, you may want to talk to a supervisor, patiently explaining that in doing the very same things on the first MBP you get half the battery life, which isn't expected behavior.

huffy15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Dubai, UAE
I bought the MBP in November 2016, but I'll work hard for the lemon law. I'll probably buy another 15 inch and compare it head to head

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
Hopefully you won't need to resort to a legal threat, which may lead you to talking with lawyers instead of techs. Good luck, and let us know how it's going.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.