Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sullivan0930

Suspended
Oct 14, 2021

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
If the choice is between a notch and larger bezels, I’ll take the notch.
You can have both thin bezels and no notch, lol

Look at the Dell XPS Laptops

Only reason I see Apple doing a notch is for face ID
Dell-XPS-9510-i7.-7-1.jpg

i dont believe they would add the notch without a clear benefit such as FaceId. looking at the pixelated picture it looks like the IR sensors for FaceID are present, so it should be included.
I honestly think this is Apple spreading sketchy and false rumors around over the weekend. To get people excited.. to get people talk about… to get people hyped up. It is all Apple that is behind it. It’s pure marketing without paying a single dime for advertisement.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Why are these leak pictures always like pictures of sasquatch sightings?

Ironically, this already exists on Android...

...on the iPhone knock-offs. They have an iOS skin on Android, with the notch in software.
It's been a long time since I have used android. Do they have different gestures swiping down from the left or right of the screen? The notch is useful on iOS. Is it also useful on android?

lala7mac

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2021
If they come up with a way to utilize those 74 pixels I'm for it, but it's hard to see how they'd use it meaningfully. Otherwise, it's just an extra 74 pixels of display to consume battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.