Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Oviraptor323, Nov 12, 2015.
Should I buy a 13 inch rMBP now or should I wait for next years redesign?
If you need a laptop now, buy one now. If you can wait, then wait.
When Apple updates the rMBPs, I'm not so sure that we'll actually see a redesign. We'll have to wait and see.
If you can wait, then wait. If you cannot wait, then buy. No one really knows if there's going to be a redesign, so don't set yourself up for disappointment.
All we know is that 2016 MBP will have: Skylake. Force Touch. Thunderbolt 3. We don't know anything else.
When is it expected? I wouldn't be getting the 2015 one until Christmas anyway...
Nobody knows. February maybe? March, April or May? Could be in June or July!
If they adhere to their usual schedule, then probably early in the year, we might see it by February.
So would it be worth the risk to get it at Christmas?
Worth is subjective, if you have a need to replace it sooner then later, then yeah its worth it. We have no idea what Apple is planning of the 2016 model, it may just be a chipset update, or it may be a complete overhaul of the computer line - we have no idea.
You'll most likely be able find deals on black friday to save money on the MBP, is that more important then a brand new design (potentially).
After the new ones come out would it lose its value significantly if I were to sell it?
Any computer loses a significant amount of value no matter what happens.
If you need a computer now, buy one now. If you can wait, then wait. There isn't really any other advice to give.
Depends on what the 2016 model brings to the table; but honestly, you will only take a hit of $100 or so (depending where you sell it)
Do you have a working computer? If so, then wait. If not, then buy now. 2015 MBP is no slouch so you will be in good hands whatever you choose to do.
I mean, I'm rocking a 2012 classic MBP and I'm an engineer with an avid photography hobby I got myself a nice external monitor and I upgraded the internals myself. I use my MBP for work and it hasn't failed me (yet).
They're good machines, and the whole "I have the latest and greatest" feeling will wear off in a couple months of use anyway ... So just get what you know will meet your needs and make you happy.
Apple usually brings new products out in January, and then in March.
I would expect a MacBook Pro update by January 2016.
Of course, I could be wrong...
I currently have no computer. I sold my other one to fund this MacBook.
Unlikely as the chips aren't scheduled until feb/march but they might come early.
What chips are you talking about? You realize there are already Skylake laptops on the market ... Right? So unless you're speaking about some other chip ... The chips have been ready.
You do realise there are many classes of laptop chip don't you?? You have done some research yes? Not just seen the surafce book and said skylake is out???
The only ones currently on the market are the 15W ULV chips the skylake equivalent of the macbook air chips with fairly crappy graphics.
The Top end 28W chips with the GT3e graphics for the 13 inch rMBP and the 45W top end quad core with GT4 graphics scheduled for the 15 inch rMBP are not slated to be released until early next year.
The 5W Core M chips found in the macbook may be out before christmas.
get it now, enjoy it until the new one comes in, then sell it and buy the new one. the only major redesign that would warrant to wait is if they iPad pro becomes the "new" laptop with a real operating system like the surface book.
What he says, the current MacBook Pro is an awesome laptop, if you really need a new one you don't really have a choice.
Dell XPS 13 and 15 use Skylake no? Or are they using the ULV versions exclusively?
Thunderbolt 3 is worth waiting for imo for the eGPU option. That's why I've been putting off a macbook pro purchase. Then again I'm not pressed for a laptop for daily use.
The 13 is 15W and the 15 uses a dGPU so it doesn't matter if it's a chip with lower level graphics, Apple only use the best of intels chips in each class, with the best graphics options and the best just isn't out yet.
Hehe, I've been in the "have one but want one" waiting cycle for years now!! (still using a 2009 White-book with 256gb SSD and 4gb ram)
Would rather buy a fully speced Macbook than a rMBP 13.
And why is that?
Nope, it's too slow even at max spec