Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kristoffer4

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
Denmark
I am waiting for the MBP 13" update, but is it worth it! I mean, what will it bring in comparision to the current model? :)

Will it have a new Ram type?
Will it have a much better GPU?
Will it handle 4K better?

Last edited:

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
I am waiting for the MBP 13" update, but is it worth it! I mean, what will it bring in comparision to the current model? :)

Will it have a new Ram type?
Will it have a much better GPU?
Will it handle 4K better?

It will probably handle 4K quite a bit better, it looks like the 28W chips will have a 64MB eDRAM cache a bit like the IRIS Pro in the currrent 15 inch (although that has 128MB eDRAM). So yes the GPU will be a step up.

I doubt it for DDR4 is no better in benchmarks than DDR3 have a read of anandtechs comparison

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8959/...-3200-with-gskill-corsair-adata-and-crucial/8

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
I'm well aware only the top end Retina Book has iGPU. It seems like you love to undermine people.

No just winning the argument you do that by undermining the other persons argument.

You are exactly the sort of person who goes mental if apple doesn't use the latest silicon (as you are now) and then if they did use it, go crazy when the better silicon was released and apple didn't use it.

End of discussion for me, but I hope you take a long look at the impatience behind your whinging, it really is better for apple to wait a couple of months for the better silicon, in the meantime why don't you go and buy some windows box with the skylake silicon.

MPOW3RED

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2015
No just winning the argument you do that by undermining the other persons argument.

You are exactly the sort of person who goes mental if apple doesn't use the latest silicon (as you are now) and then if they did use it, go crazy when the better silicon was released and apple didn't use it.

End of discussion for me, but I hope you take a long look at the impatience behind your whinging, it really is better for apple to wait a couple of months for the better silicon, in the meantime why don't you go and buy some windows box with the skylake silicon.
Could give 2 less ***** when Apple releases the latest chips. I'm still using a late 2013 rMBP. Your post makes no sense. I'm the type of person who goes mental? You're a clown.

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
It's amazing how these threads can turn into name calling, and there's simply no need for it.

Why don't we all just try to keep the thread on track, and provide some great insight.

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
Looking at the trend of iphone and ipads, I think a MBP 19" is in order...:) (I'm not kidding!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.