Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brendanspah764

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
No more MacRumors for me tonight. Once I saw the picture of the MacBook Pro, that was enough. I want to be surprised. :p

comradesnarky

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
Interesting, I really like it. I dunno what all the icks are about. Apple's new designs seem to be ones that grow on you. I wonder what the regular MacBooks will look like. Could we get a picture of one of those? Pleaase?

LoveCrusader

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
No Firewire, no blu-ray.. $4000 glossy toy. Maccrook "Pro" . If the laptop had the word, "Acer" on it nobody in their right mind would pay how much they want for it. Nobody would pay more than $1000 for it. Who would buy a worthless machine with no ports ? Yay for the Apple Nazis.

balofagus

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Wow, I really don't like the way that looks. If I wasn't so happy with my current MBP I would have considered it though, despite the looks, but the lack of a mouse button would definitely be a BIG problem for me.

Mine matches my ACD... I'm plenty good!

bryanw

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
No trackpad button? who saw that coming. Not sure why they'd drop that. I hope there will be option for matte display. I'm not a fan of glossy displays. This is the design I thought they'd be going for with the consumer Macbook to mimic the consumer desktop, iMac.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Interesting, I really like it. I dunno what all the icks are about. Apple's new designs seem to be ones that grow on you. I wonder what the regular MacBooks will look like. Could we get a picture of one of those? Pleaase?

They grow on you because there's little alternative. Black bezel? Another -1 point.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
No trackpad button.
High-gloss glossy screen.
Looks like recent HP laptops.

These forums are going to suffer a meltdown if that's what the new MBP looks like.....

However, I do like the overall design. Just take away the super-glossy screen, and that would be a good start.

xrayboy

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA
look at the box

looks like we're getting iLife '09 tomorrow too--check out the side of the box.

Attachments

• ilife-software.jpg
    ilife-software.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 173
  • box.jpg
    box.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 432

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Where's the power button?

No Mouse button, that's fine, but how do I turn the thing on lol.

Epic EPIC fail if they make glossy standard, I don't know who Apple is talking to and what crowd likes that damned glossy screen. o gosh just keep it an option!!

Everything's locking into place for tomorrow, prices already are known (90% chance those are true).

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
I like the way it looks... but no mouse button!?!
Huuuuge turn off.

Lets remember...this is Apple we are dealing with. I doubt they are gonna totally get rid of the mouse button and leave it at the functionality of the pad. There is something up their sleeves...;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.