Macbook Pro sleeve, which one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jon08, Nov 21, 2008.

1. jon08 macrumors 68000

Ok, given that a MBP would mostly stay at home, yet sometimes it would be carried around, maybe even on the plane etc., what sleeve would you recommend me to buy?

I wouldn't exactly want to go for the official Apple one because they want $34 for it.

Something like this? Or this?

2. rising j macrumors member

I went for a RadTech sleeve for it's sleek form factor and do not need the spongy, somewhat shock resistant, properties of a neoprene sleeve.

3. w...b macrumors regular

i got the incase sleeve and love it. Keeps my computer clean. May not protect it compare to hard shells but its in my bag anyways.

4. jon08 thread starter macrumors 68000

5. rolex54 macrumors 6502

I just bought an colcasac from www.applesac.com
    Its great so far, and the inside is so soft

6. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Hey, is this Crumpler Gimp Special Edition 15w resized for the new Unibody 15" MBs??: 37.0 x 26.5 x 3.0cm

15.4" Unibody MBP: 36.4 x 24.9 x 2.41cm

Cool, it certainly would seem so. More color & design options please!

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I love the way the Incase fit the Macbook, but was not impressed with the fit for the MBP, and it was returned. Too much slack.

8. linear macrumors newbie

I think there is a new model from booq (start shipping on Nov 25 ) that is supposed to fit well the new mbp, at least is supposed to be designed for it( the dimensions are 14.35x9.82x1.00"). The price was almost 30$. I don't know about the quality of the booq´s sleeves but looks ok...

9. jwang392 macrumors newbie

jwang392

10. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

For my MBP Unibody, I went with the Tucano Second Skin for 15.4. This is a glove like fit... no slop at at all. Is a microfiber outside, foam center, soft inner. Comes with a keyboard microfiber cover.

Neil[​IMG]

11. eddyhttp macrumors regular

Where did you buy this? apple.com, amazon.com? do they have their own website?

12. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

After my notebook compeletely died from being dropped even with the most protective (Zeroshock III) sleeve on it, I don't think it's safe to trust a sleeve to protect your laptop from ANY drops. Use it to prevent scratches and whatnot, and just be careful around your notebook.

13. rising j macrumors member

Wow, pretty nice style.

14. rising j macrumors member

Agreed. Those thin wetsuit like cases provide marginally better protection when compared to thin sleeves. I just went with the thinnest sleeve to really just act as a form of scratch protection...

15. jon08 thread starter macrumors 68000

16. puma1552 macrumors 601

I assume what you have is this exact one?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS825ZM/A?mco=MTIxODk3Mw

I just want to double check because the unibody MBP dimensions are larger than those listed for this case, so I just want to make sure it's the same because I really like that the zipper is lined to prevent zipper scratches

17. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

18. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

19. clubvulgar macrumors newbie

Can anyone else confirm that the Tucano Second Skin Microfiber Script sleeve does indeed fit the Unibody MacBook Pro? I've heard mixed answers.

20. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

I have a Caselogic sleeve for my older MBP and it's a very tight fit. I suppose it has to be an exact fit to give ample protection but you might want something a little bigger than that.

21. frijec macrumors member

22. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

Yes this is the same sleeve as the one that I purchased. I purchased at Fry's and they were out of stock on the grey so I choose the mustard yellow one. This is after they had stock on the Unibody MBP so that I could test fit it in the store. There is enough streach in the cover that I can zip it with out dragging the zipper body on the machine.

Neil

23. chachat macrumors newbie

Greetings - I was wondering if anyone else has purchased the Tucano sleeves for the Unibody Pro and if there was a vendor that they had used other than Frys? It seems to be a reasonable sleeve for basic protection inside a bag and for light travel.

24. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Not to be an ass or anything, but googling Tucano Second Skin case is probably the way to go.