Macbook Pro water damage (sugary drink)

peachkiss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
2
0
I know I feel stupid drink next to my laptop, I spilled about a tablespoon of sugary drink on keyboard around a,s,d,q, I quickly turned it off.And I flip it over overnight and haven't turned it on since then.

And the next morning I disassembled it, and I checked on the logic board and found these spot, is it because of the water damage or is it normal?

and what should I do? I don't think I can't go to mac repair :(


Thanks for your time.
 
Last edited:

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
1,294
606
Sweden
After flipping it over,why did you not just carefully use a hair dryer for a few minutes? Would probably have saved some work.
I dropped my old iPhone 3G in a glass of beer once,all I did,was to turn it off,wipe it dry and dry it up with a hair dryer very carefully.that was back in 2009,and last time I used the phone 3 months ago,it worked fine.