Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What size screen MacBook Pro (2021) did you order?

• Total voters
I wait for the photos & videos to get leaked online, I’m tight like that. Lol 😊

Some pizza while you’re using your MacBook? Or you’d rather eat…..

View attachment 1903636
We got a picture of the food posted here! Prepare yourself to stay on the topic!!! We are officially on the radar!!! Mod's will be cracking down on this thread now!!

I have roughly about 35% of battery left on my MacBook Pro. It's a beast.

Last edited:

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Wasting money? That's messed up and you got it all wrong dude. I told you Apple will not publish Apple Polishing Cloths are available via Apple Store Online. You need to take the stairs to the heaven and actually visit the store. Straight up!
I can barely handle her, now you’re ganging up on me 🥺😂

No more stairs to heaven, level 2 carpark is back in business. 😎

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Is this just me or does the screen attract dust pretty easily?
There are all kinds of lint and dust on the screen already...

And I am to scared to clean it... don't wanna scratch it...
but what's the point of a cutting-edge display if its dirty...😕
Get the t-shirt out 👌 👕💻 no cleaning products or water, be very gentle when wiping the screen.

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
Get the t-shirt out 👌 👕💻 no cleaning products or water, be very gentle when wiping the screen.
71tgjDr5mtL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
I can't bring myself to use a t-shirt... 😱 I should have a nice fluffy cloth somewhere I think... but this has to wait till tomorrow anyways... gotta be concentrated for that... so I don't mess up again... (one disaster a day is enough for me.....)

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
All truths. But better than the old iMacs with Target Display Mode! One cable charges the laptop at the same time the laptop provides video to the monitor. It has great speakers and camera, and you can plug a wired keyboard into the monitor (no recharging). I plug my keyboard through a USB-C to USB-A hub that also has ethernet. I also have a backup drive velcroed to the back of the monitor.

All this on a single cable! Grab and go is one cable away!

Also, USB-C to Lightening charges wireless keyboard, trackpad or iPhone when connected. Also syncs. I'm intrigued with your ethernet connection, though. I'll have to try moving my backup drive to the monitor.

Last edited:
Reactions: LFC2020

Nightfury326

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I can't bring myself to use a t-shirt... 😱 I should have a nice fluffy cloth somewhere I think... but this has to wait till tomorrow anyways... gotta be concentrated for that... so I don't mess up again... (one disaster a day is enough for me.....)

I've been using the cloths that come with eyeglass cases. They work really well for getting rid of the occasional smudge. I'm super stingy about avoiding touching the screen.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
This thread has a lot of replies with quotes about all kinds of topics and story lines between 2 or more people. It's hard to keep up! I am interested in many of the conversations but its hard to find replies or to know if the poster reported back. What are you all doing to keep up with the conversations? Searching by the name of the poster?
If you want to see the post that's quoted, click on the little link that says "so and so said" and you can follow the quoted post trail back.

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
It's here! ?

IMG_1287.png

No signature required or anything--I just came home and saw it sitting there on my porch. I'm glad I got home within 10 minutes of it being delivered. :oops:

The screen looks better at home than in the store (partly because the Apple Store I visit is always extremely bright inside so the screens look dim by comparison). I love how fast it is--this computer is noticeably faster than my previous nearly-maxed out 2019 16". I love how I've had it on for a while with multiple apps open and it's not even slightly warm yet. My 2019 model would always be warm above the keyboard just within 10 minutes of turning it on.

Most of all--the display. The mini-LED looks great, love the greater screen real estate at 2x retina, already don't notice the notch. Can't wait to finish setting this up!

Is this just me or does the screen attract dust pretty easily?
There are all kinds of lint and dust on the screen already...

And I am to scared to clean it... don't wanna scratch it...
but what's the point of a cutting-edge display if its dirty...😕
That’s why I’m telling, encouraging everyone to get an Apple Polishing Cloth. There’s a reason I got 10 of them. 3 of the Apple Polishing cloth’s are specifically reserved for the MacBook Pro! Exclusive the 💻 screen as well. All other fabrics are prohibited.

B830A351-AF58-44CA-B459-1A1F2FA464C8.jpeg

Last edited:
It's here! 😁

View attachment 1903703

No signature required or anything--I just came home and saw it sitting there on my porch. I'm glad I got home within 10 minutes of it being delivered. :oops:

The screen looks better at home than in the store (partly because the Apple Store I visit is always extremely bright inside so the screens look dim by comparison). I love how fast it is--this computer is noticeably faster than my previous nearly-maxed out 2019 16". I love how I've had it on for a while with multiple apps open and it's not even slightly warm yet. My 2019 model would always be warm above the keyboard just within 10 minutes of turning it on.

Most of all--the display. The mini-LED looks great, love the greater screen real estate at 2x retina, already don't notice the notch. Can't wait to finish setting this up!
Woo hoo! Glad you were able to make it home within 10 minutes and it was just there for you to pick it up. It looks like you have already unleashed the beast!!! Congratulations!! Hope you enjoy your Mac! Welcome to the club!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.