Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What size screen MacBook Pro (2021) did you order?

• Total voters

badatusernames

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2018
Nice! What did ya order? Which one?
Base model

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 9.10.07 PM.jpg

That’s why I’m telling, encouraging everyone to get an Apple Polishing Cloth. There’s a reason I got 10 of them. 3 of the Apple Polishing cloth’s are specifically reserved for the MacBook Pro! Exclusive the 💻 screen as well. All other fabrics are prohibited.

View attachment 1903711
I can't bring myself to use a t-shirt... 😱 I should have a nice fluffy cloth somewhere I think... but this has to wait till tomorrow anyways... gotta be concentrated for that... so I don't mess up again... (one disaster a day is enough for me.....)
I've been using the cloths that come with eyeglass cases. They work really well for getting rid of the occasional smudge. I'm super stingy about avoiding touching the screen.
Also, these are very good to clean the dust off of things. So maybe use the duster first and then wipe it off with Apple polishing cloth. Your 💻 will shine just like @LFC2020 keyboard :)

Woah! 9to5 has posted this interview by Apple along with the the video. It’s worth a watch. This 💻 is all rounded well impressive! Have no regrets!

4B19A22F-8AEA-4F35-834F-4F3E7714E6E8.jpeg

Over 30 years of experience in building chips. That person at Apple knows what he is doing! Industry leading chip!

Last edited:

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
I think other businesses have a contract with Apple and the contract comes in first before the consumers.

Good point

@LFC2020 did you know Apple wrote an article about how to hide a Notch. But Apple never mentions it in the article that it’s for to hide a Notch, haha!😂

This is from Cult of Mac.

3FF07246-2657-4630-8C2F-9E8B5E18D82C.jpeg

Last edited:
B&H just got this in stock if anyone's interested :)

View attachment 1903729
Ahhh! I have heard they have horrible return policy. Also if you buy them from B&H Apple will list your Mac as refurbished. I’m 80% sure that it’s true. Someone correct Me if I’m wrong, please.

I REALLY dislike USPS. Now it’s indicating that they are awaiting item whereas before it said delivery date unknown, and originally said delivering today. 😢 I don’t know what to think anymore.
Hopefully it gets updated tomorrow morning and it’s set for delivery. Fingers are crossed.

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
Oh wow, I've always ordered from them with my devices. I've never had to return them though :)
They do have good customer service though and usually hooks you up with 5% 10% off. If you want to save on tax. All you gotta do is call them and ask nicely :)

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Hmm... with this and Applecare, there is only a $60.26 difference between this and the education store for the 14" 10/16/16 16GB 2TB model. However, what they aren't telling you is what is in the return policy. The return policy may be longer than Apple's but their return policy is for 30 days AFTER PURCHASE.

The problem? The Mac is 6-week delivery. Lot of good their 30-day return policy after purchase is going to be when it takes you 42 days after purchase to receive the Mac.

BL.

Reactions: julit0

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
Ahhh! I have heard they have horrible return policy. Also if you buy them from B&H Apple will list your Mac as refurbished. I’m 80% sure that it’s true. Someone correct Me if I’m wrong, please.

I purchased an iMac from B&H for work. Their return policy said if the box was opened there was no return allowed. We had a tax free account with them so that was the only reason I went with them. Plus it did come with AppleCare.

Another time I ordered 3 tripods and wheel carts from them. The wheel cart did not fit the tripods. The only reason they exchanged them without a restocking fee was because one of their people assisted in the order and recommended them. I had to be forceful to get them to see reason though.

I purchased an iMac from B&H for work. Their return policy said if the box was opened there was no return allowed. We had a tax free account with them so that was the only reason I went with them. Plus it did come with AppleCare.

Another time I ordered 3 tripods and wheel carts from them. The wheel cart did not fit the tripods. The only reason they exchanged them without a restocking fee was because one of their people assisted in the order and recommended them. I had to be forceful to get them to see reason though.
Thank you for sharing. That’s wild!

orangesauce

macrumors regular
May 20, 2008

orangesauce

macrumors regular
May 20, 2008
Funny how Apple Reseller's are getting stock before many customer orders. Ironic but big business.

My wife just told me to quit obsessing.
What if Amazon is flying them on Prime Air from ZZ?

I can imagine that the other resellers would get some allocation for sure, but Amazon being able to ship them at all kind of surprises me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.