Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What size screen MacBook Pro (2021) did you order?

• Total voters
The Apple rep can promise you the moon, but it is up to the shipper to make the delivery. Apple doesn't control logistics (not yet anyway), so at the end of the day, even if a lowly Apple Support rep told you that you will get it on 10/20 or 10/21, it is ultimately up to the shipper to keep the promise, which I doubt they will keep, as they are bound by Apple's stringent embargo policy. It doesn't matter if there is a note attached to it saying deliver on 10/20 or 10/21, the embargo has a higher precedence.
I agree with this 100%. Just know Apple got trolled today and Apple trolled me, LOL!

Reactions: beach bum

bitcloudrzr

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2012
Watch it get delayed now :( It better not. Or else Tim ain't be saying Good morning anymore. 🥵
This is called Afternoon Tim:
image.jpg

bhall110

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
I am most excited to get rid of my butterfly keyboard. every time I visit a apple store I am jealous of the keyboard on the new MacBooks.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
I want to trade in my 2018 macbook pro to get the 14 inch laptop..right now apple offers 540 for it which I guess is acceptable since its a 3 yr old machine..I am using the EDU site in order to get the price at 1849.99..but it only gives me the option to trade in the device and once they receive it they will inspect it and say if I get that price..problem is Ive read the horror stories of how people have sent in perfectly good devices but are told after they ship it in that something was wrong with it etc etc etc and they offer less money, that sending it in is NOT a good idea so not sure what to do

Juuro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Germany
I ordered a 14" base model despite actually waiting for a new MacBook Air or even MacBook because I generally like extremely lightweight notebooks. But I also like the SD card reader and probably the 120 Hz display. So, let's see. In the worst case I'll replace it with the redesigned MacBook Air/MacBook by the time I replace my 2017 27" iMac with the new big iMac.
The 14" seems to arrive here in Germany between 10th and 17th of November.

Reactions: natallica

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
@LFC2020 are you SERIOUSLY NOT ORDERING ONE??
I may, MAY have to sell the M1 iPad if I fall head over heels with the MBP. It's far too much machine for me but I want to see how I feel about it when it arrives. May have to request to work from home next Tuesday, LOL.
Congrats on your new beast. 👌

Can’t justify it at the moment, was looking at the 16” model for the larger display.

Problem is my M1 MacBook Pro is still a amazing device, the single core performance on these new beasts is the same as my M1 MacBook Pro, I won’t even use the multi core performance, the notch is turning me off a bit, was hoping we’d get Face ID with the notch.

It also has the same mini led display as my iPad Pro.

I’ll wait till I see them in person, but at the moment I might wait till next year or the year after, hopefully by then it’s cya later notch, or they add Face ID.

You’re going to love that M1 pro beast of a machine, had my M1 for a year now, it still brings a smile to my face every time I use it.

bitcloudrzr

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2012
Congrats on your new beast. 👌

Can’t justify it at the moment, was looking at the 16” model for the larger display.

Problem is my M1 MacBook Pro is still a amazing device, the single core performance on these new beasts is the same as my M1 MacBook Pro, I won’t even use the multi core performance, the notch is turning me off a bit, was hoping we’d get Face ID with the notch.

It also has the same mini led display as my iPad Pro.

I’ll wait till I see them in person, but at the moment I might wait till next year or the year after, hopefully by then it’s cya later notch, or they add Face ID.

You’re going to love that M1 pro beast of a machine, had my M1 for a year now, it still brings a smile to my face every time I use it.
I am kind of in the same boat where I would have preferred a lower base model, or whenever they come around to replacing the 13"s. The extended return window lets me test run it and see how overkill it is for me and I can return later.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Tell ya what @LFC2020 ..... I'll buy that 13PM from you for 90% of original price, plus an additional deduct of 5% for the MMVB color (after giving it more thought, make it a 10% deduct), and you can apply that to the new MBP!
No way I’ll sell this gorgeous sierra blue goddess lol. 😎🥰

Going to wait and see them in person first, most likely keep my Mac for another year or two, then hello no notch or Face ID. 😁

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Better sell it! Let's get that MacBook M1 Pro!!! 16"!!!! It's calling for your name.

@LFC2020 Stop wasting time. Just order the beast! That Pro-motion is going to be all over you.
Need to see them in person first, still not sure about that notch, I’ll have no issues selling my Mac, at the moment I’m keeping it for another year or two. 😊

Milennia

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2021
I was considering earlier to maybe cancel and pick up in store but there will only be base configurations ?

View attachment 1870492
Was looking to pick mine up on Tuesday as well
Do the base configurations technically include the 10/16 core 1Tb 14 inch since it's a preconfigured option? if not I might have to spring for the 16 inch which I would like to avoid as my current 16 inch is heavy as hell for daily carry

Reactions: GoodGuy313

GoodGuy313

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Was looking to pick mine up on Tuesday as well
Do the base configurations technically include the 10/16 core 1Tb 14 inch since it's a preconfigured option? if not I might have to spring for the 16 inch which I would like to avoid as my current 16 inch is heavy as hell for daily carry
I think it’ll be base ‘base’ configuration (8-CPU, 14-GPU) but the base 16” sounds pretty good to go.

I’m honestly a bit confused as to why Apple would introduce the M1 Pro with a 10 core CPU during the keynote, as if stating that that’s the base design for the chip just to then offer a base tier with 8 core CPU. ?

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
Finally! I’ve been waiting for this! It’s kind of ugly, like the old PPC MacBooks, but the power is Ooh La La!
I ordered within the first five minutes and my delivery time is November 1017 :-( Ah well. I waited this long whats a couple more weeks….

I will just have a very sore refresh finger.

Attachments

• F51E4359-36FC-4D11-9D09-2BA5934D3068.jpeg
    F51E4359-36FC-4D11-9D09-2BA5934D3068.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 69
  • B94F35F6-7CC8-46F4-9803-9AA2C74D130A.jpeg
    B94F35F6-7CC8-46F4-9803-9AA2C74D130A.jpeg
    458.8 KB · Views: 67

Juuro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Germany
I ordered the 14 inch base maybe 10 mins after the event. I decided to choose the 96W charger. Well that pushed mine to Nov 3-5. Guess there is still a delay on the 96W.
Thank you for the reminder! When I was ordering earlier I was in a rush to get the order through as fast as possible. I didn't even notice there was an option to get the beefier charger with the base model.
But I ordered again now and my delivery date moved to one week earlier just by specking the 96 W charger. So now I'm at November 4th instead of 10th at the earliest. No delays here. ?

Oh and Apple already charged my credit card for the second order right after I hit the button. And this time its "Standard Shipping" instead of "Express Shipping". What's the difference? The weird thing is that The Standard Shipping order will be with me sooner than the Express Shipping one. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.