Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacBooks AND MacBook Pros?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

A final Page 2 rumor in the hours before Tuesday. GeekSugar claims both MacBooks and MacBook Pros will be seen tomorrow.
Both will look the exact same (unfortunately no pretty new colors), although they will feature upgraded processors, additional memory, and the lovely multitouch trackpad that is featured on the Air.
GeekSugar has no known prior rumor accuracy by our records, so we are unable to gauge the credibility of their sources... however, I'll leave you with a couple of notes on this possible scenario:

- There have been conflicting reports about MacBook vs. MacBook Pro updates, leading to the ambiguity of our reports.
- An update of both product lines would neatly explain away these conflicting reports.

Article Link

rhyx

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
Sounds likely enough to me. Here's to knowing in 12 hours or less!

Comment

Flyer0815

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2007
PA
Exactly the same? Im sure a new black keyboard or the magnetic latch are almost shoe-ins.

Comment

AuntJemima

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2008
Aluminum Macbooks

I would really like to see an aluminum macbook with a lower BTO ram price, if that occurs I will be at the apple store that afternoon!!!

:apple: don't let me down!!!

Comment

JoeCo0611

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2007
would they fit the regular macbooks with a 128MB dedicated card? it'd be nice to have more than just 64MB of shared ram. However, the dedicated card is one of the biggest distinctions between the two, sans case material and size.

Comment

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
God I hope not. I don't understand some people on this site. Why would you want the MBPs tomorrow? If you've been waiting this long, I think waiting until a new design comes at a media event would be much better. Instead people are hoping for just spec bumps. I think if that was their only plan, they would have announced it awhile ago.

Here's to nothing (except the SDK and Time Capsule) shipping tomorrow!

Comment

Flyer0815

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2007
PA
God I hope not. I don't understand some people on this site. Why would you want the MBPs tomorrow? If you've been waiting this long, I think waiting until a new design comes at a media event would be much better. Instead people are hoping for just spec bumps. I think if that was there only plan, they would have announced it awhile ago.

Here's to nothing (except the SDK and Time Capsule) shipping tomorrow!

Media Events aren't always used for major releases. The original MacBook was released without a media event... and it was completely redesigned from it's iBook family roots.

Comment

AuntJemima

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2008
would they fit the regular macbooks with a 128MB dedicated card? it'd be nice to have more than just 64MB of shared ram. However, the dedicated card is one of the biggest distinctions between the two, sans case material and size.

i think that if they were to just update the macbook there would be bedlam.
But if they update both (128 VRAM in MB and 512 in MBP) all would be cam and all would be happy!!!

Comment

Mr Maui

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2002
If this is true and both lines are updated tomorrow, we'll have to deal with Macbook Air complaints about no updates. :rolleyes:

On a real note: There is a scheduled "event" for a reason. I agree that both lines are likely to get upgraded at once. Makes perfect sense at this time for Apple from a marketing sense with the hit their stock has taken recently (down 40%).

Comment

JoeCo0611

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2007
512MB is a must for the MBP. but think of the heat that will produce! another issue to hope to be dealt with.

Comment

brendanspah764

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
Yes

This would be awesome if this came true. The only reason why I wanted the MacBook Air was for the trackpad. If the MacBook came in with an aluminum case, and multi-touch, I would ask my parents again and again until they snap, and buy me a MacBook. And the MacBook Pro is way way too much for a high school student.

Comment

NICU420YEM

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2006
i bought my macbook and opened my macbook today, am i really gonna get screwed over with the 10% restocking fee?

Comment

ra2085

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2008
Hey MacSpartans!!

TOMORROW....WE DINE IN HELL!!

WE ARE MACRUMORS!!

(Desperately waiting for an updated MBP......the blog's fury will rise tomorrow if there are no updates) :mad::mad::mad::mad: ---->:apple:

(>' . ')> =D :apple:

Comment

AuntJemima

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2008
The macbook pro was also updated in november of 2007

Everybody says the MB won't be updated cause it was already updated in late 2007 but so was the MBP!!

The macbook pro got a speed bump and HD size increase as well as a couple of other minor fixes.

The MB got a memory increase and processor bump(SR chipset).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.