Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Screech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Anyone willing to record the sound a macmini m1 makes at 100% fan noise?
I have a macbookpro m1, and though very silent in general, the fan is extremely loud at 100% with a high pitch that's annoying. I'm curious if the macmini m1 has a more tolerable 100% fan noise.

Greatly appreciated.

Mr Screech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
even after hours with 800% CPU load (Handbrake re-encoding movies) the fan's still inaudible. trust me, I'm very sensitive to fan noise. it's a non-issue with the M1 mini.
That's great to hear, thank you.

kindaichi81

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2015
Anyone willing to record the sound a macmini m1 makes at 100% fan noise?
I have a macbookpro m1, and though very silent in general, the fan is extremely loud at 100% with a high pitch that's annoying. I'm curious if the macmini m1 has a more tolerable 100% fan noise.

Greatly appreciated.
mac mini has a super super queit fan u can never notice the fan at all.

unless u use macs fan control app to manually set it close to its maximum of 4400 rpm then u will notice that mac mini does have a fan.

once i tot my mac mini fan died or whatever since i never even hear any noise from it.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
mac mini has a super super queit fan u can never notice the fan at all.

unless u use macs fan control app to manually set it close to its maximum of 4400 rpm then u will notice that mac mini does have a fan.

once i tot my mac mini fan died or whatever since i never even hear any noise from it.

I've never heard my mini's fan. The biggest application that I've run is video encoding which ran it at 300% CPU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.