Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

deeveedee

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2019
Peoria, IL United States
12.6.6 Upgrade was uneventful on my HackBookPro6,2. Upgrade went smoothly and so far, my hack appears to be working well with 12.6.6.

About This Hack
Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 2.28.03 PM.png

EDIT: For this upgrade, I used the standard Apple OTA (which after patching with OCLP, downloads the full installer).

EDIT2: I also upgraded to Safari 16.5 without issues. Unlike other posts that I saw, the Safari icon remained in my Dock.

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
12.6.6 Upgrade was uneventful on my HackBookPro6,2. Upgrade went smoothly and so far, my hack appears to be working well with 12.6.6.

About This Hack

EDIT: For this upgrade, I used the standard Apple OTA (which after patching with OCLP, downloads the full installer).

EDIT2: I also upgraded to Safari 16.5 without issues. Unlike other posts that I saw, the Safari icon remained in my Dock.

Running macOS on a dell...

Blasphemy

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Agreed,

I changed it just for you.

About This Hack

Edit ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist and you, too, can appear to be running macOS on whatever you want.
But..but..but

12.6.6 Upgrade was uneventful on my HackBookPro6,2.

guide-dell-latitude-e6410-nvidia-hackintosh-big-sur-monterey-ventura-macos-installations-with-open-core-legacy-patching/

Reactions: deeveedee

Steven*

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2019
Brussels, Belgium
Hi, I finally upgraded my 2012 MacBook Pro 15" from Mojave (on RAID0 with 2 SSD's) to Monterey 12.6.6 via OCLP (on just one SSD). I upgraded the airport/bluetooth module to 802.11ac as well. Extremely happy with the result, everything just works and quite fast as well, considering the machine is 10+ years old.

Steven*

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2019
Brussels, Belgium
Interesting idea to create RAID0 with two SSDs. Did you notice any performance increase with 2 SSDs in RAID0 vs a single SSD?
That’s the reason I held off from upgrading since from Catalina on, it became very difficult to install on a raid0 volume. But I must say that Monterey is very fast on a single SSD. No complaints here ;-)

Reactions: TimmuJapan

izfernando

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2021
Hi, I finally upgraded my 2012 MacBook Pro 15" from Mojave (on RAID0 with 2 SSD's) to Monterey 12.6.6 via OCLP (on just one SSD). I upgraded the airport/bluetooth module to 802.11ac as well. Extremely happy with the result, everything just works and quite fast as well, considering the machine is 10+ years old.
Hi. Where you find the airport/bt module 802.11 AC for macbookpro 2012 15"? I need one. Thanks.

deeveedee

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2019
Peoria, IL United States
...which isn't running all that smoothly yet. Please read carefully about restrictions and procedures first.
Agreed. And for me on my MBP6,2, BigSur is even better. If you are able to install multiple macOS volumes, having both Monterey and Ventura installed maximizes versitility. I have BS, M and V all installed and I have reasons for running each which are easily selected from the OpenCore bootpicker.

Reactions: Giovamille959

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
What an euphemism. Ventura is a mess on lates 2011.
What has been your experience with the MBP 8,3 in your sig?
Any luck installing Ventura? Considering it for a MBP 8,2 that is now running Big Sur 11.7.6 and OCLP 0.6.1.
It is OK with that configuration. Considering the end of security updates at the end of the year, would you advise Monterey or Ventura?

makra

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2020
Northern Germany
What has been your experience with the MBP 8,3 in your sig?
Any luck installing Ventura? Considering it for a MBP 8,2 that is now running Big Sur 11.7.6 and OCLP 0.6.1.
It is OK with that configuration. Considering the end of security updates at the end of the year, would you advise Monterey or Ventura?
There have been quite a few surprises with every single update which caused a lot of work for the developers. Still hardware issues for some of the older machines. And: As of 13.3 OCLP still requires AMFI disabled - so regarding security and stability Monterey ought to be your choice.

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Agreed. And for me on my MBP6,2, BigSur is even better. If you are able to install multiple macOS volumes, having both Monterey and Ventura installed maximizes versitility. I have BS, M and V all installed and I have reasons for running each which are easily selected from the OpenCore bootpicker.
For the same. I'm running both Mojave and Monterey - love the OpenCore bootpicker - and both are running very stable for me. Holding off for Ventura for the reasons mentioned above. Stability and application compatibility is key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.