Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
I still can’t believe the iCloud “waiting for update” bug still hasn’t been fixed after all these years. I just ran into it again.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
I'm not sure if I'm experiencing iCloud related issues or Finder related issues, or both.. If I add a picture or a small sized file to an iCloud folder on my Mac, sometimes that folder takes many moments to actually load up and show me its contents. I've noticed that other folders not tied to iCloud generally load up promptly, though, but not all the time. I have a few external drives that seem to take just as long to populate.

It's hard to tell if it's just macOS taking forever to populate the Finder window, or if it's iCloud loading slow. No other network issues on my end to corroborate this..

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
My apologies if someone has already mentioned this and I missed it.

With Messages, both my MacBook Air and Mac Studio will sometimes show a number instead of contact name for someone stored in Contacts. If I quit Messages and restart it, it usually shows the name. This also occurs with my iPhone as well. macOS Ventura 13.0.1.

I submitted a report via Feedback Assistant. Who knows if Apple even reads those things.
I have had similar issue but on Monterey, when I couldn't see my Google contacts accessible by iMessages. It has present itself every time I reinstalled Monterey, which was couple of times in the early releases. It helped to log off the google account and log on again. Somehow it does not did its job during the initial setup.

I know that your issue is bit different, but it may be worth a shot to try this solution if it is applicable to your case (if you have more sources of your contacts, like iCloud, Gmail etc.).

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
I'm still seeing occasional kernel panics, but now only on my 2018 Intel Mac mini. Prior to macOS 13.0.1, I was only getting kernel panics on my 2020 M1 MBP on various builds of macOS 13, which now seems absolutely fine on 13.0.1...

I'm getting so used to kernel panics (and yes, I'm reporting them), but some others might not know much about them. I found this article today very informative:

IcyStorm

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2010
Deleting the plist won't do anything to iCloud, in regards to your network, it will just dump whats there, re-install and you'll have to re-input and connect to your Wi-Fi it's pretty painless.

Ultimately this didn't resolve my WiFi issue, unfortunately.

vinsalducci

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2016
I'm experiencing the weirdest little bug with Finder-I keep adding DESKTOP to the side bar, and it keeps disappearing.

• Wow
Reactions: srbNYC

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
I'm seeing a lot of Kernel Panics on 13.0.1 with my 2018 Intel Mac mini. The Crash Report lists Kernel Extensions in backtrace: 'com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphics' as being the culprit. Like it's a Display Driver issue.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I can't believe I am one of those "Wifi issues" people now but yes, I randomly have no internet connection on my MacBook Pro 14inch after waking it. It shows connected, I even get the Hand Off symbol in the dock from my iPhone but nothing is loading. At the same time it works just fine on all my other devices.

I noticed that if I click "ignore network" and I click the network again, it claims to be connected (even though it shouldn't know that network anymore?" but it is not loading again. Next I do a reboot of my Mac and it is not showing connected (as it should, since I previously clicked "ignore") so I click on the network again and it is actually asking for the password (as it should after clicking "ignore network") and only then, it is working again.

Reactions: gank41

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
I can't believe I am one of those "Wifi issues" people now but yes, I randomly have no internet connection on my MacBook Pro 14inch after waking it. It shows connected, I even get the Hand Off symbol in the dock from my iPhone but nothing is loading. At the same time it works just fine on all my other devices.

I noticed that if I click "ignore network" and I click the network again, it claims to be connected (even though it shouldn't know that network anymore?" but it is not loading again. Next I do a reboot of my Mac and it is not showing connected (as it should, since I previously clicked "ignore") so I click on the network again and it is actually asking for the password (as it should after clicking "ignore network") and only then, it is working again.
I've seen random issues on my M1 MBP where I see the Wireless as being greyed out although my home network's SSID is still listed. I just click on the name again and it's then connected and I can get online almost immediately. Like it's not necessarily a "Network" related issue. For me, anyway..

IcyStorm

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2010

Does it not work if you simply reboot? I have the same issue as you on my MBP14, although I haven't tried the whole ignore network thing; I just have to reboot.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 11.59.32 AM.jpg

Does anyone here use the Box App?

I just got a new M1 MacBook Pro and when I open the Box App, I get a blank log in screen. I can not seem to find anything that helps. I am hoping some one here can help.

gank41

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2008
Seems like I'm able to consistently crash my 2020 M1 MBP just by scrolling through Notification Center & my Widgets. I've even resorted to only a couple "1st Party" Apple Widgets like Weather and Clock, hoping to rule out any potential apps causing this.

What happens on my end is that I can swipe open to see the Notification Center, and then when I swipe down it freezes. That's when I notice that the Seconds on the Clock in the top right aren't changing at all. After about 10-15 more seconds I'm either logged out after a crash/black screen, or it just reboots altogether.

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

Anais Ninja

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2017
Hollywood
Not sure if anybody else is having this problem (Sorry, I didn't read all 28 pages of the thread)...

Anyways, apps in the sidebar don't work. In the screenshot below I'm trying to drag a JPEG onto Photoshop, but it doesn't work. I only get the "not allowed" cursor.

• It doesn't matter whether Photoshop is already open or not, the same thing happens.
  • I updated to the latest version of Photoshop.
  • It happens with Preview.app, too (the only other app I have in my sidebar).
  • I reset the PRAM earlier today and the problem fixed itself. But then it came back.
  • I've since reset the PRAM several times, but the problem remains.
At times, trying to launch any app (by double-clicking) makes the QuickLook preview appear! And the same thing happens on right-click < “Open”

I waited until yesterday to upgrade to Ventura. I thought the bugs would be worked out by now. Apparently not.

😠

Screenshot 6.jpg

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Not sure if anybody else is having this problem (Sorry, I didn't read all 28 pages of the thread)...

Anyways, apps in the sidebar don't work. In the screenshot below I'm trying to drag a JPEG onto Photoshop, but it doesn't work. I only get the "not allowed" cursor.

• It doesn't matter whether Photoshop is already open or not, the same thing happens.
  • I updated to the latest version of Photoshop.
  • It happens with Preview.app, too (the only other app I have in my sidebar).
  • I reset the PRAM earlier today and the problem fixed itself. But then it came back.
  • I've since reset the PRAM several times, but the problem remains.
At times, trying to launch any app (by double-clicking) makes the QuickLook preview appear! And the same thing happens on right-click < “Open”

I waited until yesterday to upgrade to Ventura. I thought the bugs would be worked out by now. Apparently not.

😠

View attachment 2118851

there are always bugs, there's no 'perfect' moment for everyone in an OS.

this may be related to the desktop issue (where app aliases open the terminal); are you on the beta? if so, you can report it to apple there.

btw, my brother had those 'air pirates' comics (the actual paper ones!); crazy stuff. he sold his collection (and for good money too)

EDIT: just tried it. added 'affinity photo' to the sidebar on my M2 air, dragged an image to it, and it opened immediately. tried 'preview' on my intel imac, and that opened an image instantly as well.

so, not a bug, but an issue you're having. a finder preferences issue perhaps? not sure, but good luck 👍

Anais Ninja

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2017
Hollywood
there are always bugs, there's no 'perfect' moment for everyone in an OS.

this may be related to the desktop issue (where app aliases open the terminal); are you on the beta? if so, you can report it to apple there.

btw, my brother had those 'air pirates' comics (the actual paper ones!); crazy stuff. he sold his collection (and for good money too)

EDIT: just tried it. added 'affinity photo' to the sidebar on my M2 air, dragged an image to it, and it opened immediately. tried 'preview' on my intel imac, and that opened an image instantly as well.

so, not a bug, but an issue you're having. a finder preferences issue perhaps? not sure, but good luck 👍
No, not on the beta, fisherking. 13.0.1.

I bet your brother made good money selling his comic collection! That older stuff can demand a pretty penny!

As for my iMac... I dunno. Everything was running perfectly under Monterey. Why did I upgrade???

I soon as I upgraded to Ventura, all kinds of problems appeared. It started with no sound. I've managed to fix everything so far, except the sidebar problem.

Oh, well. I'll just drag documents to the application icon in the Dock in the meantime....

jcscol

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
How do you put apps in the sidebar? I have never seen that before and Finder doesn't let me now.

You have to hold down the Command key whilst dragging the app to the sidebar. Sidebar aliases seem to be working ok here (Ventura 13.1 b3).

I've managed to fix everything so far, except the sidebar problem.

Have you tried removing then re-adding the aliases?

Reactions: gilby101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.