Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLunar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
The main page keeps crashing mobile safari on both my iphone and ipad. Anyone else having this issue?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I just pulled up MacRumors.com on my iPhone (running iOS 7.12) and it came up fine, no issues.

Edit: It works on my iPad as well.

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
Macrumors crashing Safari AND Chrome on iPad Air

Just like the title says...

Trying to open comments on news posts crashes Safari and Chrome instantly.
This just started happening today. There were a few crashes here and there over 1 year, which is fine, but this is just crazy.
Literally impossible to open comments -_-

akb

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2004
UK
The main page keeps crashing mobile safari on both my iphone and ipad. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, me. For me, the crash happens when I click on a main news headline to view the top-rated comments, and sometimes when I click the 'view comments link.'

iOS 7.whateverthelatestis, iPhone 4S.

I'm in the UK, too, incase it's some geographically specific ad or something doing the damage.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Just like the title says...

Trying to open comments on news posts crashes Safari and Chrome instantly.
This just started happening today. There were a few crashes here and there over 1 year, which is fine, but this is just crazy.
Literally impossible to open comments -_-

Have you tried resetting Safari and Chrome to factory settings and/or restarting the iPad?

medipad16

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2014
I'm also having the same issue it started today nothing suggested above works

Last edited:

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
I'm also having the same issue it started today nothing suggested above works

I know, never before was navigating Macrumors a problem until today. Now, it is almost impossible to go anywhere but the front page.

Tap on comments... boom safari crashes
Tap on forums... boom crashes again... Crazy stuff :mad:

Must be all the hype around iPhone 6 and iWatch :p

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I know, never before was navigating Macrumors a problem until today. Now, it is almost impossible to go anywhere but the front page.

Tap on comments... boom safari crashes
Tap on forums... boom crashes again... Crazy stuff :mad:

Must be all the hype around iPhone 6 and iWatch :p

Are you in the UK?

Maybe it's a misbehaving UK-targetted ad?

Mobile safari on iPhone too?

arn

Reye

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2014
Same issue

I have the same issue, on my iPad Air and on my daughters iPad mini and iPad 4th gen. Started after clicking the link to the Apple live event countdown page in yesterdays post and happens 90% of the time now when I click to see the comments to a post. Is better for a couple of minutes after clearing browsing data. Does NOT happen when I click-hold and choose Open in New Tab. It also does NOT seem to happen when javascript is turned off.
I'm in Belgium by the way.

Last edited:

Reye

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2014
Thanks, I will use the mobile site for now. Could you by any chance let us know when this is resolved? Don't like the mobile site that much on ipad #.

And just because I'm curious, why does opening in a new tab avoids the crashes? What does it do differently?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Thanks, I will use the mobile site for now. Could you by any chance let us know when this is resolved? Don't like the mobile site that much on ipad #.

And just because I'm curious, why does opening in a new tab avoids the crashes? What does it do differently?

not sure why that works.

I'll post in this thread when it's resolved. I'd hope by end of business Friday (u.s. time)

arn

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
Macrumors on iPhone 5s crashes

Macrumors on iPhone 5s crashes
at least on my 2 devices iphone 5s...like a lot..especially when i am trying to go into the comments of the news

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Try clearing out the browser cache and history in safari and then restarting the phone. Could be some corrupted web data somewhere.

As the poster above suggested try the mobile site as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.