Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hi all,

We will be upgrading the forums to the latest version of the Xenforo software in the coming weeks/months. Also we are going to do some reorganization of the sub forums.

If you have any requests, recommendations, or visual thoughts, let me know here. Not planning on doing a major redesign but will try to clean some things up .

arn

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
So, are we going to see a visual redesign and refresh? Post some teaser screenshots, dear MacRumors God @arn :)

Also, just asking, can't we have a software like Discourse? Looks great and clean, I think.

Last edited:

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Oh, anything about spam as well? Maybe a new captcha thing or a better system for reporting (no 30 second limit between reports)?
I wonder how effective that 30 second limit between reports is in preventing the report feature from being used as a method of DDOS'ing the site. I could, however, see an immediate benefit of lowering that limitation for users who have been here for a while.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I wonder how effective that 30 second limit between reports is in preventing the report feature from being used as a method of DDOS'ing the site. I could, however, see an immediate benefit of lowering that limitation for users who have been here for a while.

Yeah or maybe just get a "report spam" button unlocked after a number of posts. Or some cut off which hides users' posts after a couple of reports pending mod acceptance, IDK.

Just make things a bit easier for us all.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
If a dark theme option is implemented, would it be possible to have an option to “schedule” it?

Here’s my use case with dark modes: at night time I’d prefer using dark mode, but during the day dark mode can show too much glare for me so I prefer using light modes.

Reactions: orbital~debris

triptolemus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
If a dark theme option is implemented, would it be possible to have an option to “schedule” it?

Here’s my use case with dark modes: at night time I’d prefer using dark mode, but during the day dark mode can show too much glare for me so I prefer using light modes.

Veering a little off topic here, but Dark Reader is an excellent extension for Safari. You can have browser-wide Dark Mode mimic MacOS's settings for Dark Mode, which can be automated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 11.35.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 11.35.57 AM.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 216
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.