MacRumors Forums Theme Change and New Platform

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by arn, May 31, 2015.

1. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

2. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

Yes, is there any way an admin could fix this? I have MacRumors as a pinned tab, but I'm on the forums most of the time. Looks like this on the front page:
    MR mask-icon.png
    And on the forums:
    MR forums mask-icon.png

The forums also lack a Retina-optimized favicon, while the front page has one.
    MR favicons.png

3. MDJCM macrumors regular

MDJCM

I just wanted to say that this is the best mobile forum front end I've used yet. And it finally makes me want to go back to using forums, because mobiles kind of killed it for a while there.

So I think all forums should switch to this theme.

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Curious, was there an update to the forums in the last day or so? Things are looking about the same, but it seems like there are a few minor visual differences (and perhaps others as well that aren't as noticeable)...or is it just me?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've found a minor issue and I'm not sure whether it's with the forums themselves or just a quirk of Firefox.

I make a post, then click Edit. I make changes to the text, then think better of it and click Cancel. This closes the editing window but doesn't actually cancel; if I click Edit a second time then the "cancelled" changes are still present.

Does that happen for anyone else (particularly with other browsers)?

7. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

This is intended behavior and/or the text in the text box simply doesn't reload the second time you click Edit. Behaves this way for me as well in Safari.

8. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Reviewing a bug that was observed in May 2015:

Test result:

Code:
       i) one
      ii) two
    iii) three
      iv) four
       v) five
      vi) six
    vii) seven
    viii) eight
      ix) nine
       x) ten
    @arn at your convenience please arrange for site administrators here to update to the most recent release of XenForo.

There are two fixes, the second of which is mentioned at https://xenforo.com/community/posts/1098147

Thanks

9. MRU Suspended

MRU

Q. Is there a reason why ignored members are not ignored when viewing forum on applications like Tapatalk?

Before the switch to XenForo it worked, since then nope.

10. turbobass macrumors 6502

Haven't been back in a while, just wanted to say that the new forums look amazing -- warts included ;)

11. MagnusVonMagnum, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017

MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 603

MagnusVonMagnum

I'm not sure what changed in the past few days, but the interface seems quite different now. I see an "Open Quick Navigation" button in the upper right corner instead of the previous set of menus, but the problem is when I click on it, nothing happens (using Firefox 54.0.1). It could very well be Firefox's fault seeing that Duluth Trading Company's web site wouldn't load correctly since the last update either (worked fine in Safari). But as such, I have no ability to do a search at the moment and I have to use my bookmark link to get to UserCP, etc. as I assume they're all in the menu that doesn't work here.

Edit: It seems somehow Javascript got turned off. The "toggle Javascript" add-on I have is near my weather app so I might have accidentally clicked it. I had to turn it back on and then reload the page to get the Quick Navigation to work, but it's working now and the interface magically went back to the way it was so I assume the Javascript toggle was the cause of all the trouble. Please ignore above or delete the post.

12. Downhilltenago macrumors regular

Downhilltenago

Since I was sent here... is there a dark theme we can use in this forum?

13. DDustiNN macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

I would love this.

14. zin macrumors 6502

Why are there no post numbers on mobile? I’ve only just realised and it’s very annoying. There’s plenty of space along the bar with the date and time label. Somebody referred me to a post and I had to count to it.

15. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Rotate to landscape view. ;)

16. zin macrumors 6502

Wow! I did not know this. :eek: