MacRumors World of Warcraft Recruitment

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by iHarrison, Feb 16, 2009.

?

What do you think of the guild name "Rumors of War"?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2009.
  1. Love it! I'll sign on the dotted line...

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Ehhh....it's ok...maybe consider another...

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Back to the drawing board...

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. iHarrison macrumors regular

iHarrison

Hello Everyone,

I was just curious as to how many members of the forums that are players of the MMORPG World of Warcraft. I am a long time fan and player of the game and have been interested in starting a new character with a new crowd. I thought it would be neat if we could get some MacRumor's regulars of the game and all get together to play on a new realm.

I know many of us have already settled in by now, with the new expansion and all, but was just curious to see if anyone had the itch to try something new and fun.

Anyone on the forums could show interest in this no matter what the skill level or experience to the game.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!

We are now all creating and playing with HORDE characters on the pvp realm CHROMAGGUS. This realm is on the US server.

If you plan to join us, simply create a horde on Chromaggus and post your new character's info on this thread! I will be updating confirmed players and names on this first post to save you searching! Hope to see you on!
    Hope to see more of you on...

CURRENT ROSTER:

MacRumors/ Level/ Race/ Class/ Name
    iHarrison/ 60/ Orc/ Death Knight/ Madison​
    echinda/12/Troll/Priest/Papalegba​
    bokdol/56/Blood Elf/Death Knight/Bloodrock​
    rayban/14/Blood Elf/Hunter/Reyban​
    macnerd77/4/Blood Elf/Mage/Imogena​
    aznguyen316/9/Troll/Rogue/Rawkchalk​
    scottsdomain/2/Blood Elf/Paladin/Noriandina​
    vaderhater245/1/Tauren/Druid/Vaderhater​
    Fnord/5/Tauren/Druid/Thurl​
    Macduck/55/.../Death Knight/Shedaoshai​
    Norouzi/9/Blood Elf/Paladin/Kreyten​
    Wallydog/6/Undead/Rogue/Picaroon​
    The Red Wolf/7/Blood Elf/Warlock/Maaliah​
    Christo1/6/Troll/Hunter/Kieros​
    Acousticat/7/Orc/Hunter/Veghra​
    Artomes/7/Tauren/Druid/Artomes​
    mikelong622/1/Blood Elf/Pally/Lewcifer​
    wheelerw/1/Undead/Warlock/Velorn​
    Rust.Puppet/5/Troll/Hunter/Atylas​
    Rust.Puppet/1/Troll/Rogue/Gensou​
    vaderhater245/Undead/Priest/Slusho​
    chooser/Blood Elf/Death Knight/Zaskar​

iHarrison

2. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

yea dude lets roll!( i would ifi still had my wow account)

3. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

What happened to your account? Loss of interest in the game? Or maybe a loss in money haha...

4. wattso macrumors regular

I think we would have to have a EU and US separate macrumors wow guild.
    Im in for the EU. Depends if anyone else is interested.

5. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

I'm in the US so I wouldn't be the one to organize an EU realm. But, it would be cool if you could work something out.

Based off the response to this so far, I'm guessing that not that many members of the forum are interested or play world of warcraft.

I didn't expect a huge response to this thread in the first place though considering this is an apple forum, not a gaming one...

6. zKarp macrumors member

same the game is fun but. Got to buy food and water and pay the bills...

Dinner or WoW. Hard decision :p

7. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

haha....I'm with you both on this one...$15/month can add up...

8. MacDuck macrumors member

I would be interested...I am currently on the Thrall server (US). The guilds I have belonged to over the years have slowly disbanded, and am guildless at the moment.

9. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

When I still played WoW I had a good guild who helped me out a ton and was very generous with advice and running through instances and stuff. If I take the game back up in the future I think I'll continue to play with them.

10. The Red Wolf macrumors regular

The Red Wolf

Hmmm...

I would consider that, however, I would need to reactivate my account and get a copy of WotLK.

11. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

Alright well next question would be what is your preference towards sides? Are any of you die hard alliance or horde players? Or would you be open to whichever? Cause even if we get just a few players to join for now. We could advertise our success and possibly draw more in...

12. Echinda macrumors regular

Funny you should post this. I was thinking today as I was driving to work that I'm finding my current guild to be too small for end-game content (there are only 10 lvl 80s at the moment, and most of those game weeknights when I'm not really available - so I'm constantly having to PUG instances), so I was thinking about starting a new character.

Whcih means I'd be happy to roll a new character for your guild. My preference is Horde (just because I've played too many alliance toons). I'm on the West coast of Canada and mostly play early weekend mornings, or late weekend nights (depending on social obligations) with the occasional weeknight thrown in.

I've mostly played on PvE servers, but wouldn't mind giving a PvP server a try if people wanted to.

I have toons on Sentinels (an RP-PvE server - though I'm not an RPer, it makes for a slightly more mature player base), including a Horde-side mage (lvl 25 or so) that is unguilded, so we could roll there as well.

13. The Red Wolf macrumors regular

The Red Wolf

From the Beginning

Starting out again could be fun and Horde is fine, I've mostly played alliance so the other side would be a welcome change. I agree with PVP-RP being more mature if going the PVP route.

14. MacDuck macrumors member

I vote for PvE and Alliance, although I have a low level Blood Elf warlock.

15. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

I'm totally up for the idea of playing a horde on a new server with all of you.

Next question I would post would be suggestions as to what kind of server and which one specifically.

I myself agree with some earlier posters that a pvp or pvp-rp realm is best for mature gaming and overall fun. I could scan the new servers this morning and give some suggestions.

We can work from there on picking a realm and possibly planning to meet up and start playing :)

16. The Red Wolf macrumors regular

The Red Wolf

Sounds Good

Name the server and I'll try and get a copy of WotLK. I've already finished updating to the latest patch.

17. Echinda macrumors regular

Horde, RP-PVP is fine with me.

Just tell me where to roll. I should have some free time this weekend to meet up.

Hmm ... now, what to roll? I'll definitely roll a death knight so it can farm gold and other stuff for the guild's new characters (and be used to smack down on low-mid level griefers). But for my main ... either a prot-warrior or a priest. I've never really tanked, but I'd like to give it a try, and my lvl 80 is a healadin, so I know I enjoy healing ... decisions, decisions.

18. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

healing would be awesome as it is always tough to get good healers for groups and such.

I myself will be rolling a death knight for my main. I started playing one the other day and absoulutely loved it. My original main was a level 80 gnome mage....but I've grown pretty bored of him.

I'm looking into realms now and will let you know when I've decided on a good one. Probably going to look for a new pvp-rp realm that we can all join.

Horde it is! First time as a hordie for me! :)

19. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

Good PvP Realm...

Alright I've found our winner...It's a low population new pvp realm. The name of the realm is Shattered Halls and it's on the US server.

ATTENTION EVERYONE THAT WAS INTERESTED! I will be creating my character later this afternoon but first have to decide on a name haha. As soon as I create my character I will let you all know the name so you can add to friends list.

Everyone does not have to have the newest Wrath of the Lich King expansion yet but it would be nice if we all did at some point.

I would also like to take suggestions on a possible guild name...It would be nice to just create a guild on the server and all join together so that we can play together and communicate easier.

I'm hoping that this takes off and maybe we can work to draw in more potential players from the forum and start playing with one another.

I think it would be alot of fun...always is when you get lots of people you know playing with you!

AGAIN IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:

1) create a character on the realm Shattered Halls (US Server)
    2) tag this thread and watch for updates on my character's name and creation
    3) watch thread so you can have input on guild creation/name/etc...

Hope I can get at least a few of you to try this out with me...it could be lots of fun! :)

20. Garemz macrumors regular

How about you guys come to silvermoon, that way I can use my 73 DK:)

21. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

Sorry...we're thinking more along the lines of a pvp server.

You could always transfer your Death Knight over to shattered halls??? :D:p

22. Echinda macrumors regular

OK - a priest it is. I'm tied up till late tonight, but I should have time to roll a character and grab a name I like.

23. The Red Wolf macrumors regular

The Red Wolf

Choices

I'm thinking either Warlock or Shaman... I'll have to see. Tonight is a bit locked up but I should get something figured out before weeks end. I may not have WotLK at first, but as I will be playing again I will pick it up. Shattered Halls then...

24. iHarrison thread starter macrumors regular

iHarrison

I'm still contemplating and will not be able to seriously think or look at it all till classes are done for the day.

But...as soon as each of us rolls the character we are pleased with, make sure to post your information as far as race, class and name so that we can all add one another.

I will begin leveling and looking into a guild asap...

Do not worry if you don't have the time to do things right away either...I honestly don't want us all to make this a priority or addiction over our real lives and responsibilities ;)

25. MacDuck macrumors member

What time is that server on? I am on MST, but play on an EST one.

Also, I have WoTLK expansion, so no need to upgrade for me.