Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think of the guild name "Rumors of War"?

• Love it! I'll sign on the dotted line...

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Ehhh....it's ok...maybe consider another...

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Back to the drawing board...

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Echinda

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2003
What would you all do?; roll a new character and class, or just transfer realms for the new guild? :confused:

It's really up to you, but for me, I rerolled. The highest level horde character I have on a different server is a Lvl 35ish Undead mage, but with addons like "questhelper" and the bumps to XP Blizzard has added, levelling isn't the chore it used to be (it's still a chore, but not as bad). And since this is probably never going to be a raiding/endgame guild, helping each other level is what I see this guild as being for (that and the social aspect).

And if the long grind to 80 is too much like a second job, you can always roll a death knight. No one else is doing that. ;)

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
Level/ Race/ Class/ Name

80 / BE / DK / Vaelnor
70 / BE / Mage / Geldwen
70 / NE / Hunter / Marivani

All my toons are on Azjol-Nerub and if this ever pans out I might be willing to move one or all to another server.

Ya'll figure that out, doesn't matter where it is to me.

I'd love it if you transfered t least one of the horde characters to our realm! It would be very helpful and an absolute blast!

You have 3 level 70+ characters, so even if you re-rolled I would be glad you joined us because you are obviously experienced with the game and have been playing for some time...

But...like i told Macduck, do whatever is easiest for you as money can be tight for many these days. No reason to spend $25 when you really don't want to. But, if you would like to join us and bring one of your characters over through transfer, that'd be great! :)

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
It's really up to you, but for me, I rerolled. The highest level horde character I have on a different server is a Lvl 35ish Undead mage, but with addons like "questhelper" and the bumps to XP Blizzard has added, levelling isn't the chore it used to be (it's still a chore, but not as bad). And since this is probably never going to be a raiding/endgame guild, helping each other level is what I see this guild as being for (that and the social aspect).

And if the long grind to 80 is too much like a second job, you can always roll a death knight. No one else is doing that. ;)

My words EXACTLY....thank you Echinda :)

zKarp

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2008
New York
anyone got an extra account or know an unused one?

I'll join you guys but like is said before soo expensive :(

*or buy me an account :p

Rayban

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2008
I'm in. I made a new character Reyban.

Rayban/ 1/ Bloodelf/ Hunter/ Reyban

I usually play on Sat and Sun and sometimes once during the week. I don't have Lich King yet.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I got hooked up with a legit WoW/TBD keys and tried it out for a bit, and have about 25 days left.. but I decided to just play invest in Guild Wars via crossover b/c I didn't want to invest my time into a toon only to know I have to pay $15/month to be able to keep playing, and I felt GW offered enough of what I wanted out of these games. They were pretty similar I thought. If I ever feel like trying WoW out again I'll have that and TBC under my account I guess lol. The whole pay2play just throws me off, feels like I can't really have my character to build, but I have to pay just to keep what I've worked on. Or else I'd def be in on this b/c I'm a total noob and it would be awesome to start with other characters at my level.. although I'm a bit scared of PvP. not sure what to expect as I like simple PvE

Echinda

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2003
... although I'm a bit scared of PvP. not sure what to expect as I like simple PvE

It can take some getting used to, but it is fun. Your first 20 levels or so are in Horde zones, so you don't have to fight unless you want to. Between 20-30 you find that more of your quests are in contested areas and you're flagged for pvp when you head in. That doesn't mean it is a free for all, though. If you're just questing most players will leave you alone. If someone that vastly overpowers you attacks you regardless, just stand there. Sure they kill you, but if you don't make it fun for them they will go play elsewhere. And if you get killed in pvp by a player, your items don't take the normal 10% durability hit, so pvp doesn't really increase your repair costs.

Of course, if they are near your level, there is no better way to learn your class than pvp.

Oh - and on the cost of Wow. Yes, it's $15/month, but since I bought WoW I've almost stopped buying other games entirely. My yearly game consumption has gone from 4-6 games/year to 1. net result is I actually spend less on games now than I used to.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
It can take some getting used to, but it is fun. Your first 20 levels or so are in Horde zones, so you don't have to fight unless you want to. Between 20-30 you find that more of your quests are in contested areas and you're flagged for pvp when you head in. That doesn't mean it is a free for all, though. If you're just questing most players will leave you alone. If someone that vastly overpowers you attacks you regardless, just stand there. Sure they kill you, but if you don't make it fun for them they will go play elsewhere. And if you get killed in pvp by a player, your items don't take the normal 10% durability hit, so pvp doesn't really increase your repair costs.

Of course, if they are near your level, there is no better way to learn your class than pvp.

Oh - and on the cost of Wow. Yes, it's $15/month, but since I bought WoW I've almost stopped buying other games entirely. My yearly game consumption has gone from 4-6 games/year to 1. net result is I actually spend less on games now than I used to.

That's interesting about PvP.. I'm guessing there are plenty of e-thugs on WoW haha.. I myself love to play a variety of games so I don't think I could just stick w/ WoW, in that case sure $15 isn't bad since that's 1/4 the cost of a new console game.. but I have a 360 and PS3 and love to play the exclusives and what not on each system, so on top of spending more money on other games, I'm not getting my max value of time spent per month on WoW for what I'm spending on it LOL, which is why I have justified just doing Guild Wars for now.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I'm going to give this another try since I still have a lot of time on my subscription.. gonna create a new char and join the pvp realm you created... not sure what I should be though..

k I made a Rogue Troll in the pvp chromaggus named "RawkChalk" I'm a complete noob, like straight up, so I'd love the help. Let me know if the guild is set up so I can join it..

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
k I made a Rogue Troll in the pvp chromaggus named "RawkChalk" I'm a complete noob, like straight up, so I'd love the help. Let me know if the guild is set up so I can join it..

It doesn't matter the experience level you have with the game. I'd love to help you get a better concept of what the game is all about. Having a level 60 character soon will make it easy for me to show you around and help you when needed if other players are bothering you or anything. ;)

I'm adding "RawkChalk" to the roster now!

Can't wait to see you on :D

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
I'd love it if you transfered t least one of the horde characters to our realm! It would be very helpful and an absolute blast!

You have 3 level 70+ characters, so even if you re-rolled I would be glad you joined us because you are obviously experienced with the game and have been playing for some time...

But...like i told Macduck, do whatever is easiest for you as money can be tight for many these days. No reason to spend $25 when you really don't want to. But, if you would like to join us and bring one of your characters over through transfer, that'd be great! :)

I would definitely consider transfering as the 70-80 grind is mind numbing and I have to do it for at least 2 chars (one of which is my sons lvl 71 shaman).

One thing I miss about being in a good guild is the ability to get nice gear. I haven't done much arenas/bg's lately as I'm overpowered by ppl with season X gear and I have none.

Will we be doing dailies? etc?
How many ppl so far and what lvls?

Sorry to sound picky, but like you said, 25 bucks is 25 bucks, I would love to transfer provided there's enough of us.

BTW (might be cool to post this as well) My armory link for my DK (her gear sucks much a$$) If you look at that guild, those are all toons I have played or do play (from time to time) LOL.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
welp, logged in tonight and was greeted by harrison, we chatted and I felt very welcome and better about the game. Then papel(sp) logged on and we met in duroton and he offered some guidance as well. I leveled up a few levels and got used to the game a bit more. It was nice getting on and having some friendly people to interact with. Excited to get on again when it's not so late! =)

scottsdomain

macrumors member
May 30, 2008
I created a character on the realm!

1 / Blood Elf / Palidin / Noriandina

My first Horde character ever!

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
Will we be doing dailies? etc?
How many ppl so far and what lvls?

Sorry to sound picky, but like you said, 25 bucks is 25 bucks, I would love to transfer provided there's enough of us.

We will be doing mainly questing at first and using the guild for casual gaming with one another so that we can all level up to 80. Once a good number of us reach a higher level I'm sure we could start organizing and running dailies, instances or even a small raid or two.

So far we have 8 people created and playing. I've only met one person online so far (macnerd) and can't wait to see more of you on!

Hope we can all enjoy playing and leveling together! :)

As soon as I get to a capitol city I will be creating the guild and getting out the invites and such...

I'd love it if you transfered one of them because it'd give me motivation to catch you at level 70+ and level with you to 80 because it is a long grind and lots more fun when you have someone to grind with!

I'd also enjoy having one of your high level characters on the realm because it's nice to have high level players in the guild for experience to the newer ones. It is also great because on PvP realms there is a tendency to get "ganked" or bugged by other alliance players while trying to level. If we have high level characters then we can come and assist those that are say level 30 and trying to level...

Totally your decision...but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping you'll transfer one of your characters :p

iHarrison

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Madison, Wis.
I'll be on alot this weekend with nothing better to do...hoping to see some of you on from time to time! Have a great Friday & weekend :D

Fnord

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2005
Fnord / 5 / Tauren / Druid / Thurl

It's been a long time since I've only had the backpack for carrying stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.