MacUpdate Bundle: 11 Mac Apps for $49.99

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate to promote their Mac application bundle deal. Their latest bundle delivers at least 12 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $381 value if all purchased separately) including:

- Parallels Desktop 6 - Run Windows on your Mac without rebooting
- Divvy ($14) - Create custom workspaces on your screen
- 1Password ($39) - Easily manage website logins/passwords
- MacUpdate Desktop ($10) - Keep your Mac software updated automatically
- DVD REmaster Pro 7 ($49) - Convert DVD movies to iPhone or Apple TV
- Mac DVDRipper 2 ($9) - Copy DVDs to your Mac
- Hands Off! ($24) - Monitor and control access to your network or disks
- App Tamer ($14) - Pause idle apps from consuming CPU cycles and battery life
- TechTool Pro 5 ($98) - Disk utility and repair
- Civilization IV ($19) - Turn based history game, Game of the Year winner.
- A Better Finder Rename ($19) - File, photo and MP3 batch renamer

MacRumors is a promotional partner with MacUpdate. Bundle sales through these links benefit MacRumors financially, and provide a way for readers to directly support this site.

Article Link: MacUpdate Bundle: 11 Mac Apps for $49.99

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Cue the moaning about a sales post :rolleyes:

Personally its not a bundle I would buy as I've already got a number of the items listed. 1Password seems to be in every single bundle so there should be very few people without it by now!

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Oo, this one I might actually use. Actually the only ones I want are Parallels and TechTool Pro (got Civ IV on Steam for $5), but still a good deal.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand

Personally its not a bundle I would buy as I've already got a number of the items listed. 1Password seems to be in every single bundle so there should be very few people without it by now!
Ha!

The only thing I'd be interested in is Civilization IV. I'll never used parallels again as I can't deal with the upgrade hassles and costs. I'm quite happy with VirtualBox, which is free.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind

I don't have it but I've been considering buying it for too long. One of these days I'm actually going to purchase the thing. :D

Middling

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2009
I see they snuck their own app into the bundle for a share of the proceeds.

Well played MacUpdate, well played.:D

Typical of my luck though. The first bundle anyone has ever offered that is of interest to me and i switched back to Linux (Linux Mint Debian Edition) from Mac OS X a month ago.

xxRONNIExx

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
California
Im buying this bundle just for Parallels alone. My wife has it and it works great with windows 7. Plus I want to give password a try...

aduzik

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
I've been a VMWare Fusion user for a while now, but I'm tempted by this bundle just for Parallels, which I've heard has better performance and integrates better with Mac OS X.

macuadorian

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
california, usa
Hmmm... with Os X Lion around the corner, TechTool Pro only temporarily useful..

TechTool Pro always seems to make it into these bundles month before they release their new version, which is actually compatible with the new operating system being released. If they promised a free update (or at least a fairly cheap one), this bundle would be totally worth it!

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I actually posted about this before this thread came up...in my view, probably the best bundle ever. ALL apps are top-notch, and no fillers at all (even though I already have 1Password, I am probably buying it for the other apps).

Mac-Rumours

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

macuadorian said:
TechTool Pro always seems to make it into these bundles month before they release their new version, which is actually compatible with the new operating system being released. If they promised a free update (or at least a fairly cheap one), this bundle would be totally worth it!
:?

I've got tech tools 5 from the last bundle which is still the current version.

Mac-Rumours

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

BRLawyer said:
I actually posted about this before this thread came up...in my view, probably the best bundle ever. ALL apps are top-notch, and no fillers at all (even though I already have 1Password, I am probably buying it for the other apps).
I also posted about it 2 mins before. ;)

The bundle does have a lot of good apps BUT they are almost the same apps as previous bundles (albeit updated).

ten-oak-druid

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2010
Are these full versions? I mean if I get this and an upgrade to a particular software appears in 6 months for a small fee to previous owners, can I get the upgrade price?

I already use VMware so I don't need parallels. But I'd like to get techtool and civilization. I'd try the dvd ripper tool too. I use mac the ripper but I'm looking for something that can do PAL disks of other regions so I'd give it a chance.

r00fus

macrumors regular
May 23, 2009
Parallels 6 is a good deal all by itself.

and 1Password is a must-have for me.
I would recommend this bundle just for those apps.

Civ 4 is apparently better than 5 (which for many felt it was a downgrade though the gfx were improved).

Compton

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
Glanced through the programs and didn't feel the need to purchase the whole bunch. Checked out Divvy, though, and it is an excellent program for fast & efficient window management. Exactly what I had been looking for.

Programs like Quicksilver (!) and Divvy make daily computer usage so much faster. Apple should make them (or similar software) part of OSX.

Žalgiris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Lithuania
Hands Off! and Parallels alone are worth it already.

aberrero

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2010
The only interesting thing there is 1password. I bought Civ IV and all the expansions for I think $10 on Steam a couple of months ago.

None of it is useful to me, particularly the DVD apps, considering I have a Macbook Air.

I also can't run Parallels very well with 2GB ram, I use Bootcamp anyway.

smileyborg

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2009
This looks like a great bundle. Obviously, Parallels is worth the price alone.

I already have Divvy -- bought it in the Mac App Store. It's a WONDERFUL utility that should be standard in OS X. Highly recommend it, one of the best apps on my mac.

macuadorian

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
california, usa
Is that TechTool Pro 5 in the bundle? Isn't 6 out?

Apparently TechTool Pro 6 is out already! http://www.micromat.com/. The upgrade from 5 is "Upgrade - $39.99".

Hmm.... 5 does not work with the new MacBook Pros either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.