MacUpdate Bundle: 11 Mac Apps for $49.99

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 16, 2011.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate to promote their Mac application bundle deal. Their latest bundle delivers at least 12 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $381 value if all purchased separately) including:

- Parallels Desktop 6 - Run Windows on your Mac without rebooting
    - Divvy ($14) - Create custom workspaces on your screen
    - 1Password ($39) - Easily manage website logins/passwords
    - MacUpdate Desktop ($10) - Keep your Mac software updated automatically
    - DVD REmaster Pro 7 ($49) - Convert DVD movies to iPhone or Apple TV
    - Mac DVDRipper 2 ($9) - Copy DVDs to your Mac
    - Hands Off! ($24) - Monitor and control access to your network or disks
    - App Tamer ($14) - Pause idle apps from consuming CPU cycles and battery life
    - TechTool Pro 5 ($98) - Disk utility and repair
    - Civilization IV ($19) - Turn based history game, Game of the Year winner.
    - A Better Finder Rename ($19) - File, photo and MP3 batch renamer

MacRumors is a promotional partner with MacUpdate. Bundle sales through these links benefit MacRumors financially, and provide a way for readers to directly support this site.

Article Link: MacUpdate Bundle: 11 Mac Apps for $49.99

2. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Cue the moaning about a sales post :rolleyes:

Personally its not a bundle I would buy as I've already got a number of the items listed. 1Password seems to be in every single bundle so there should be very few people without it by now!

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Oo, this one I might actually use. Actually the only ones I want are Parallels and TechTool Pro (got Civ IV on Steam for $5), but still a good deal.

4. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

Ha!

The only thing I'd be interested in is Civilization IV. I'll never used parallels again as I can't deal with the upgrade hassles and costs. I'm quite happy with VirtualBox, which is free.

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I don't have it but I've been considering buying it for too long. One of these days I'm actually going to purchase the thing. :D

6. Middling macrumors regular

I see they snuck their own app into the bundle for a share of the proceeds.

Well played MacUpdate, well played.:D

Typical of my luck though. The first bundle anyone has ever offered that is of interest to me and i switched back to Linux (Linux Mint Debian Edition) from Mac OS X a month ago.

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    You should. 1Password is awesome. If I didn't already have it I would purchase this bundle. It's basically like buying 1password and paying 10 bucks for 10 mac apps. Awesome deal

8. camelsnot macrumors 6502

camelsnot

gotta love bargain bin junk most people don't use anyways!

9. xxRONNIExx macrumors regular

xxRONNIExx

Im buying this bundle just for Parallels alone. My wife has it and it works great with windows 7. Plus I want to give password a try...

10. aduzik macrumors member

I've been a VMWare Fusion user for a while now, but I'm tempted by this bundle just for Parallels, which I've heard has better performance and integrates better with Mac OS X.

11. macuadorian macrumors newbie

macuadorian

Hmmm... with Os X Lion around the corner, TechTool Pro only temporarily useful..

TechTool Pro always seems to make it into these bundles month before they release their new version, which is actually compatible with the new operating system being released. If they promised a free update (or at least a fairly cheap one), this bundle would be totally worth it!

12. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I wonder if the Mac App Store will ever have bundles? It has happened with music and movies.

13. 50548 Guest

I actually posted about this before this thread came up...in my view, probably the best bundle ever. ALL apps are top-notch, and no fillers at all (even though I already have 1Password, I am probably buying it for the other apps).

14. Mac-Rumours macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

:?

I've got tech tools 5 from the last bundle which is still the current version.

15. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

one of the view bundles that really worth it, Parallels and TechTool Pro 5 are enough for me to buy it (which i did)

16. ciTiger macrumors 6502a

ciTiger

17. Mac-Rumours macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

I also posted about it 2 mins before. ;)

The bundle does have a lot of good apps BUT they are almost the same apps as previous bundles (albeit updated).

18. ten-oak-druid macrumors 68000

ten-oak-druid

Are these full versions? I mean if I get this and an upgrade to a particular software appears in 6 months for a small fee to previous owners, can I get the upgrade price?

I already use VMware so I don't need parallels. But I'd like to get techtool and civilization. I'd try the dvd ripper tool too. I use mac the ripper but I'm looking for something that can do PAL disks of other regions so I'd give it a chance.

19. r00fus macrumors regular

Parallels 6 is a good deal all by itself.

and 1Password is a must-have for me.
    I would recommend this bundle just for those apps.

Civ 4 is apparently better than 5 (which for many felt it was a downgrade though the gfx were improved).

20. Compton macrumors member

Glanced through the programs and didn't feel the need to purchase the whole bunch. Checked out Divvy, though, and it is an excellent program for fast & efficient window management. Exactly what I had been looking for.

Programs like Quicksilver (!) and Divvy make daily computer usage so much faster. Apple should make them (or similar software) part of OSX.

21. Žalgiris macrumors 6502a

Žalgiris

Hands Off! and Parallels alone are worth it already.

22. aberrero macrumors 6502a

The only interesting thing there is 1password. I bought Civ IV and all the expansions for I think $10 on Steam a couple of months ago.

None of it is useful to me, particularly the DVD apps, considering I have a Macbook Air.

I also can't run Parallels very well with 2GB ram, I use Bootcamp anyway.

23. smileyborg macrumors 6502

smileyborg

This looks like a great bundle. Obviously, Parallels is worth the price alone.

I already have Divvy -- bought it in the Mac App Store. It's a WONDERFUL utility that should be standard in OS X. Highly recommend it, one of the best apps on my mac.

24. trip1ex macrumors 68000

Not usually interested in these bundles, but this one looks tempting.

25. macuadorian macrumors newbie

macuadorian

Is that TechTool Pro 5 in the bundle? Isn't 6 out?

Apparently TechTool Pro 6 is out already! http://www.micromat.com/. The upgrade from 5 is "Upgrade - $39.99".

Hmm.... 5 does not work with the new MacBook Pros either.