Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeorangeshoes

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2004
anyone else find the lame-ass "reviews" at the top of the placeholder web page pretentious and somewhat insulting? if the damn thing is done already...how about you just let us all see it.

pryu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Because, we're still finishing up a couple of the widgets. :p

We want to have everything ready on launch instead of staggering it all out as things get done.

Xanderxxx

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2005
freeorangeshoes said:
anyone else find the lame-ass "reviews" at the top of the placeholder web page pretentious and somewhat insulting? if the damn thing is done already...how about you just let us all see it.

Jeez, no need to be rude. Is there anything else you can look foward to in your life other than the release of MacWidgets.net? :rolleyes:

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
so only 5 days left... sweet!! :D

i've been waiting for this for a long time... (well at least since i found out about it :p)

should be a great site... if it's anything like what Macthemes.net has done for the GUI community... :D

Apple

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
four days.. sweeter widget displayed every day. I definitely am going to go there when it is opened. Imagine the high bandwith...

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
freeorangeshoes said:

I'm not sure which one I'm going to use now...

The one that comes pre loaded is so clean and I like it a lot, but the new flip clock is really cool. The only problem is, that is maybe stands out a little too much. Decisions, decisions.

I'm sure I'll use a few of them though, like the iTunes one, because it has to be better than the Apple one.

seans9

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
it would be cool to see a "time clock" widget. So we could easily track the time we work on projects. just an idea...

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
still 1 day left?

makes no sense

the webmaster man is totally messing with my head - getting me all excited and whamo.....nothing.

where my widgets good sir?

SteveC

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe he didn't wake up and update/open it yet. :p

I know we're all thinking, "open it up, please!" :)

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
nice!

lol all this suspense your building, making it so that everyone is going to come back at roughly the same time, is just asking for a slash-dotting :p

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
At least we can now see what the "Widget Machine" will look like. "Come back later today . . . "

Anyone know about what these widgets will cost?

mersea

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2005
This site has been teaser after teaser....

And I thought he said there'd be some free ones..

pryu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Well, we're still launching on Monday, our originally planned date. ;)

And yes, we have several free widgets available for launch.

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
pryu said:

HE SAID LUNCH! Quick - figure out what timezone he's in - and everyone set your watches. It's clear now, that he's offering a widget that makes us lunch.
Im a genius at figuring out hints like this.

no need to thank me.

EDIT - he said launch. *goes to corner and puts on dunce cap*

mersea

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2005
He added another stickie!! Its driving me nuts, but the site looks disgustingly nice..

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
pryu said:

Even if your free widgets are great, I'd never purchase anything from your company. Your service is terrible.

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
grapes911 said:
Even if your free widgets are great, I'd never purchase anything from your company. Your service is terrible.

We're Apple fans! Forget good service - its all about the looks mahn! If it looks good, I'll welcome all the doo-doo like service shoved at me!

What can I say, I'm shallow

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Heart Break Kid said:
We're Apple fans! Forget good service - its all about the looks mahn! If it looks good, I'll welcome all the doo-doo like service shoved at me!

What can I say, I'm shallow

I think most apple fans would disagree with you. Its all about Apple's superior quality and service. Looks are just a nice extra.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.