Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

170934-moscone09inside09_425.jpg

SetteB.IT has posted two sets (one and two) of photos from the preparations for Macworld Expo 2009.

While the banners are not particularly revealing, Apple's booth area is shrouded in black cloth as is typical prior to the event. One sign promises that "even the small talk will be big":

171923-smalltalk.jpg

This, however, appears to be an IDG-sponsored banner rather than an official teaser from Apple and reflects Macworld's website promotion that "small talk is the biggest talk we do". There do not appear to be any Apple teasers like last year's "There's Something in the Air" banner.

Finally, the exit sign shows the dates for next year's Macworld San Francisco (Jan 4-8, 2010) with the words "The start of a new era" -- acknowledging Apple's decision to stop participating in future Macworld Expos.

Article Link: Macworld: Even the Small Talk Will be Big?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
HECK, YES. BANNER TIME!

I was wondering when these would show up! Now we have to wait for the indoor banners that are not cryptic in the least that this forum completely and utterly convolutes to mean "The xMac, iPhone nano, and MacBook Nano are imminent!"

OH, FRICKING NO. Small TALK... BIG... IT'S AN iPHONE NANO.

I've lost all faith in Apple's business sense.

rockosmodurnlif

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2007
New York, NY
HECK, YES. BANNER TIME!

I was wondering when these would show up! Now we have to wait for the indoor banners that are not cryptic in the least that this forum completely and utterly convolutes to mean "The xMac, iPhone nano, and MacBook Nano are imminent!"

Did you even read the post or just in a hurry to be first? It's Macworld's banner. Not Apple's.

applefan69

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2007
Alberta
that does sound pretty iPhone nano-ish hinting-ish.

But too early to jump to conclusions.

Idk why some people are so against iPhone nano... im pretty confident the iPhone nano will be a non-smartphone, meaning its basically a less fancy iPhone, except it wont cost you around $100 a month.

To me that sounds awesome i'll likely buy one and replace my Krazr right away.

MatthewCobb

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2005
Manchester, UK
How do they do it? I mean, I don't care about the iPhone, nano or not, and unless they announce a tablet (which they won't), I'm not up for any kit, but I still get excited at the sight of those black curtains!

zombitronic

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2007
And I was about to start a thread asking about the banners. Yeah, maybe it's an iPhone Nano, but I won't get really excited until we see an official Apple teaser banner.

zombitronic

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2007
Now we have to wait for the indoor banners that are not cryptic in the least that this forum completely and utterly convolutes to mean "The xMac, iPhone nano, and MacBook Nano are imminent!"

SMALL = Mac Mini

TALK = Philnote

BIG = Media Server!

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
I forgot how exciting these events are. I'll probably be disappointed on the the day of, but the anticipation is the best part.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Is anyone else getting sick of the "nano" add-on? Seriously, Mac nano, iPhone nano... it just sounds terrible.

Call me picky, but I really think "iPhone mini" sounds better.

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA
HECK, YES. BANNER TIME!

Do the people who put on the show (i.e., not Apple) know what is coming? I'm pretty sure that air poster was from Apple and not MacWorld.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.