Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If you knew anything about either formats you would know that apple is on the blu ray board. So I don't think they would be supporting HD DVDs. Unless this is some new marketing scam I haven't heard of yet.

I'm at a loss for words as to how to reply to this. It clearly states on the linked page that Apple is supporting both formats, and even mentions the BR board membership. In addition, also as mentioned on that page, DVD Studio Pro can author HD DVDs. I don't know why you think that Apple would never support HD DVD when its website says the opposite. :confused:

BlakTornado

Apr 24, 2007
Washington, OH
"New option: black anodized aluminum, like the iPod Classic, due to the high demand of the “BlackBook.”"

Doubt it.

"New Accessories
Steve then lines up the three Mac desktops and points to their now common aluminum shells, then points out the white plastic Mighty Mouse. Quickly introduces the new aluminum Mighty Mouse, which is slightly slimmer than its predecessor and gets an extra 10% battery life.
On sale: TODAY. Shipping: TODAY."

What about a fix for the Scroll ball?...

"Steve then pretends to wrap up the speech, then does his usual...
One More Thing..."

I doubt the real Keynote transcript says "then does his usual..."

Not very convincing... =\

Corran Horn

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2006
I'm at a loss for words as to how to reply to this. It clearly states on the linked page that Apple is supporting both formats, and even mentions the BR board membership. In addition, also as mentioned on that page, DVD Studio Pro can author HD DVDs. I don't know why you think that Apple would never support HD DVD when its website says the opposite. :confused:

Sure it can author HD-DVD's... but I've haven't found an HD-DVD burner yet. At college we've just decided to wait until Apple announces what format they are supporting (with the superdrive burners) before we throw our budget at either format. :)

Mydel

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2006
Sometimes here mostly there
I dont need aluminum mouse. Make the scroll ball to work more than 6 months and I'll be happy. Also no way 30inch ACD will cost 1300$. Thats BS. Me likes elegato and front row 3.0 idea. Macs definitely lack in software to serve as HEC.

timestamp

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2007
I dont need aluminum mouse. Make the scroll ball to work more than 6 months and I'll be happy. Also no way 30inch ACD will cost 1300$. Thats BS. Me likes elegato and front row 3.0 idea. Macs definitely lack in software to serve as HEC.

There is no way a 30" ACD that is LED backlit will be priced at $1300. A standard ACD with a panel upgrade without LED could be priced at $1300.

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
I know that they are both wrong but I would really like it if the first transcript came true! It also seems like the most "true" thing I've read about what will happen at MacWorld. :cool:

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
BULL****

Why would anyone think this is official or in any way related to Apple and MacWorld.

No one does, they are both just wish lists that go into more detail. I think someone should make a thread that people can come up with their own transcripts for MacWorld!

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
If you knew anything about either formats you would know that apple is on the blu ray board. So I don't think they would be supporting HD DVDs. Unless this is some new marketing scam I haven't heard of yet.

Apple is on the blu-ray board, but they are also part of the DVD forum, who created HD-DVD, so they do support both, and I doubt that there will be either type in a Mac until one format dies or combo burners become available.

TheScavenger

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Kansas City, MO
I think someone should make a thread that people can come up with their own transcripts for MacWorld!

I like his idea:

Steve Jobs drives up to my house in a U-Haul truck full of Apple products on January 15th. He gets out of the truck and says, "Take whatever you want, Josh.".

Thats the end of MacWorld '08

SheriffParker

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2006
The land of love
Funny how the first one puts a solid state drive into the new mac nano. Seems pretty retarded to me.... doesn't need battery life, doesn't need to be smaller, lighter, etc, since its not going anywhere.... needs to be as cheap as possible.... none of which point to a solid state drive. I kind of stopped reading after that. Definitely good for a laugh though. :)

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
I think the first one seems fairly feasible, apart from one thing - why would the Mac nano (aka the new Mac mini) have SSDs? I thought the Mac mini was meant to be a cheap option to entice switchers. :confused:

BULL****

Why would anyone think this is official or in any way related to Apple and MacWorld.

Yeah! It's almost as stupid a rumour as that leaked aluminum keyboard! Oh wait...
Please don't kill me. I'm sorry.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Yeah! It's almost as stupid a rumour as that leaked aluminum keyboard! Oh wait...
Please don't kill me. I'm sorry.

Right... and the aluminum keyboard was definitely needed and is widely accpeted in the pro world. It really just goes to show that consumers would buy any POS that Jobs hands them. (iphone) :)

Like the rumored $2000 Mac Nano with SSD and even smaller than laptop components, when users want a mini tower that is more like the Mac Pro.

Sometimes people just need to think about the rumors they read.

Don't worry Tommy, touche

ThinkGeek

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2007
Jakrta, Java, Indonesia
I think that the first transcript is probably the most plausible thing to happen... however... the MacinTouch DS idea... ummm... add a stylus to that and thats a Tablet Mac. I would definately buy that product.!

blastfamy

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2007
I bought my macbook pro just recently and I can return it up until jan 8. Should I take it back and wait to see what happens at macworld.

I would. If you can go w/o a machine for a few days, just return it and see what happens. You never know what you would essentially cheat yourself out of (usually at the same price-point, too :) )

Best of luck.

barijazz

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
Well I typed up a big long story about why apple chose blu ray over HD dvd because blu ray was superior getting 25gb per layer compared to 15gb per layer HD dvd gets. I think you got 720p, 1080i, 1080p confused with HD dvds. long story short I hit the backspace key.:mad:

macflurry

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
I like the idea of front row being able to boot up on macs, good for those long stays in the airport. Hope that happens for real.

thegman1234

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2007
Long Island
That idea about being able to boot into either full Mac OS X or Front Row in the second one sounds like a load of crap. I mean, why? First off... how many people turn off their computer? And second off, I see no issue with just launching the full Mac OS X and then running Front Row at start up.

And the second one's tablet sounds like it's just an enlarged copy of the Nintendo DS.

I assume booting into Front Row would be something like At Ease.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.