Macworld San Francisco 2010 Kicks Off This Week

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 7, 2010.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Macworld Expo 2010 kicks off this week at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. The significance of this year's Macworld Expo has been significantly reduced due to Apple's decision not to participate. Apple cited the diminished importance of trade shows as a way to connect to its customers.

Macworld has tried to refocus the event and even made scheduling changes to accommodate a larger audience. This year's Macworld Expo was pushed into February to avoid the usual conflict with CES, and even includes Saturday floor show hours for the first time.

The expo takes place from February 9th – 13th, 2010. MacRumors will be in attendance and will provide some coverage of the events. Email tips@macrumors.com to contact us. While Apple will not be in attendance, there has been some whispers that Apple may launch MacBook Pro revisions this Tuesday. Benchmarks for unreleased MacBook Pros were discovered just this past weekend.

Article Link: Macworld San Francisco 2010 Kicks Off This Week

2. Jphillippe macrumors regular

Jphillippe

3. JakeTheMac macrumors regular

Hooopefully

Hopefully they will. I need a new computer :p

4. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

macworld does not = new macs

Apple stopped w/ the macworld

5. iDisk macrumors 6502a

iDisk

Yawn :cool: MacWorld is pointless since the Main Mac attendee Left.

The notebooks will be refreshed FEB 16th BTW

6. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Apple is "too good" for MacWorld. Their arrogance is getting sickening.

7. I WAS the one macrumors 6502a

I WAS the one

Macworld without Macs is a hand without fingers. It's not going to last. the END is near.

8. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

the reason they pulled their presents from macworld is because they didn't want to have to fit to macworlds schedule but would prefer to release items on their own terms. The other reason was they have created so much hype on line why spend money at an event when you can get just as good exposure, if not better for cheaper?

9. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

That wasn't Apple's motive in not showing at MacWorld, it was economic (not cost-effective for them) and based on not wanting to have others set schedules for them.

What was your motive for making this false statement about Apple?

10. Musicmasta macrumors member

Musicmasta

I wonder how much attendance declined for this year's expo.

11. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

how much do you think the new pro's and what do you think it'll look like?
    are they updating 13" 15" and 17" or just the 15" and 17"?

12. Magic Lantern macrumors newbie

The perfect time to announce the new Mac Pro to all the developers...

I wish...

13. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

It would be really nice of Apple to give MacWorld the opportunity to introduce and share the next MBPs... if for nothing else for thanks and appreciation to everyone for supporting Apple at MacWorld through the years. I would love for Apple to show MacWorld some respect even though it chooses not to participate fully with a keynote.

14. oneprouddaddy macrumors member

oneprouddaddy

I remember reading somewhere that Apple will not be at Macworld this year....

15. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

If Apple doesn't care about these events anymore what is the point? This event will die a slow death. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

16. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Do you even know what you're talking about?

17. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Not wanting to fit the schedule is BS. They still released iPad just a few weeks before the expo. It was a cheap move to pull out of their own party. The expo is an Apple tradition & one that helped kept them going through the rough years.

18. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Maybe if the event was focused more on the iDevices and less on the Mac Apple would still be interested. I am not sure exactly why they pulled out, but with Apple gone Macworld will soon be gone.

19. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

again, Apple doesn't attend macworld anymore. 2009 was the last. don't expect any excitement in this expo. without apple, it will be bunch of crappy market place. it would be almost feeling like CES. there will be no new mac or anything this time. just wait for coming summer. Apple will host a special event. I don't care how mac is good. it's only grown market share in US. for world share, it is still under 4% (3%?). it's just pathetic. it's mostly like for american people. if mac is cheaper, it will be nice. but Apple's arrogance will never allow to drop the price. nowadays, Apple business is booming. well, it's lucky. but they forget something that they have to compete with others which offer more reasonable, affordable price. that's Asus or Acer even Dell are better than Apple. so far, I have used to buying new mac almost every two years. but suddenly interesting has been cold. I would like to buy PC laptop than mac. design? it doesn't matter. today there are many decent, nice looking pc laptops I can choose from. I want performance, affordable price point. with $1000, I have so many choices I can get high end laptop which set up every max out. mac os x? I can run mac os x in my pc laptop (hacking). yeah, it's illegal. but there are so many people who already have done. so I don't care.

20. oneprouddaddy macrumors member

oneprouddaddy

21. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

It is kinda sad to see no Apple at MacWorld...

22. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I bet you're wrong.

I couldn't care less of they attend trade shows. Just release an update adding matte to the 13" Macbook pros.

23. Augure macrumors regular

I'm proud Mac/iPhone owner.

I'm just not stupid/blind enough to support the fact that Apple left the Macworld expo for so-called financial reason.

This is just of one to many fact that shows that Apple as gone way too arrogant to the point the last keynote was a complete i********.

24. CFreymarc Suspended

New MacWorld

Yeah, you can all poo-poo that Apple will not be there, that is easy and rather wimpy. As for me, I'm seeing it for MacWorld having a chance to grow-up and be something of their own with Apple's big shadow not present to take the center stage.

Now, a lot of things can be done that would normally offend the Gods of Mount Cupertino down to schedule of events and something else taking place instead of a product release keynote.

I for one am looking at this new MacWorld as a fresh break from the past.

25. frjonah macrumors regular

Now they prefer to connect to customers on Apple Care calls (Tech Support) or the Genius Bar... Maybe this explains all the hardware issues people have been having lately :D