Mail>Account>Fetch New Data time only a global option?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by CorporateFelon, Sep 16, 2016.

1. CorporateFelon macrumors regular

CorporateFelon

In iOS 10 I'm only seeing a single global setting, that applies to every account, to be able to specify the Fetch time.

For some reason in previous iOS verions I remember being able to specify different times per account.

Did I remember this correctly and iOS 10 no longer allows this? Or did I just remember incorrectly?

2. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

I dont have a non-ios 10 device around but my memory confers with yours. I think you used to be able to set Fetch intervals per account. Now it seems you can't.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Fairly certain it was a global time at least in iOS 9 (but I think even before). You simply chose between Push, Fetch, or Manual on a per-account basis, but the Fetch timing was the same for all that used Fetch.

4. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I don't remember it being other than global - I know because I didn't want to fetch very often for one account but found only the global setting - at leas as far back as I remember

5. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

Interesting. I dispensed with any Fetch accounts (Google, after they ditched Activeysnc) some time ago so indeed my memory is probably faulty.