Major difference between Series 3 and Series 4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by williamhunt727, Aug 6, 2019.

1. williamhunt727 macrumors newbie

Want to check what's the major difference between series 3 apple watch and series 4 apple watch.
    thinking to get one but if there's no major change so why not go with series 3 which is cheaper than series 4.
    What's the actual price of both nowadays?

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Screen size. 4 bigger than 3.
    Features. Series 4 has noise detection. 3 does not have. 4 has fall detection. 3 does not have. 4 has ECG, 3 does not have.
    In summary, series 4 is like iPhone 5s Plus, whereas series 3 is like iPhone 5. There is no 5s Plus but you know what I mean.

3. breezyf808 macrumors regular

Lol @Shirasaki
    If money is not an issue I would not hesitate on purchasing the series 4.
    I actually thought I was content with my stainless steel 3 that I bought in April, but I recently purchased the 4 (aluminum) couple weeks back and have not regretted it.
    I sold my series 3 for almost the same amount as the cellular S4. Best thing is I still have my Milanese band for pretty much free of charge.
    Overall having both on I love the series 4 from the feel on my wrist to the look of the bigger screen.
    It’s up to you to decide, but one advice I’ll input will be to not overlook buying Apple care....it is a must (in my opinion)

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

https://www.apple.com/watch/compare/

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Aside from the larger display/and other variations, the most understated difference with the Series 4 is 64 Bit dual core processor, where as the Series 3 does _not_ have 64 bit architecture. So, what does that translate to? It means the Series 4 will have more longevity through support through apps and OS updates over the Series 3. In the grand scheme of things, that’s major.