MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

All Things D claims that Apple's rumored media event will actually take place on Wednesday, January 27th rather than the 26th as originally rumored.
Sources in a position to know tell me Apple (AAPL) is indeed planning a media event later this month at which it will announce a major new product. The gathering is to be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, a space Apple often uses for media events like these. According to other sources, it will occur on Wednesday Jan. 27, not Tuesday Jan. 26, as had been rumored.
Apple is, of course, rumored to be launching a new Tablet that may be called the iSlate.

Article Link: Major New Apple Product on January 27th?

mchenrytl

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
This is sounding more and more sketchy as the date and details are still not firm. You would think Apple would have sent out invites by now if it was really happening.

Comment

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
announce on tuesday buy on wednesday.
that way all the reporters see it and write on tuesday. it gets hyped and on wednesday people see it ain't all it's hyped to be...

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
This is sounding more and more sketchy as the date and details are still not firm. You would think Apple would have sent out invites by now if it was really happening.

Apple usually sends invites a week in advance or so.

arn

Comment

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Apple TV version 2.

If they don't release this tablet thing, I'll laugh.... then vomit.
On Steve Jobs.

Comment

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
If indeed it is an iSlate-like product, I'm not so much excited for the product itself, but instead the effect it will have on the industry.

With the invention of the iphone, we have some pretty amazing cell phones out there... This will do the same.

Comment

CherryJello

macrumors regular
May 30, 2009
people are as clueless about the tablet as they were before the iPhone launched.

I think were in for a huge surprise.

Comment

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
If most consensus rumors are to be believed that regardless of the actual intro date the product won't be available for months (ala the iPhone), then I think it's irrelevant what day of the week they choose for an unveiling.

Comment

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
first: Arrandale-refreshed MBPs
second: $99 iPhone 3GS, and/or an iPod touch SE with camera
third: The Tablet.

What was the agenda the day they did the iPhone announcement? That may provide some clues since this is roughly the same time of year (if my memory serves me correctly).

Comment

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
I'll take one MacTab with a 3G data plan from Verizon please.

While I think this would make a great many people happy, for others it would cause all sorts of consternation. All of us who switched from another cell provider to AT&T to get an iPhone are now going to be asked to open ANOTHER account with a second wireless company that would most likely have new contract terms and termination dates. Ugh!

Comment

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
Update notebooks take a higher priority here.

Maybe for you, but if analyst predictions are to be believed, Apple earnings and stock will get a much bigger boost from the rumored tablet than an incremental update to its notebook line.

Comment

akacaj

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008
NY
An iPhone like tablet would be a dream come true. Screw laptop updates, the one I have now works perfectly fine.

I could sit in the toilet with a tablet for hours!

Comment

David-fr

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
Bay Area
Did u mean?

first: Arrandale-refreshed MBPs
second: $99 iPhone 3GS, and/or an iPod touch SE with camera
third: The Tablet.

I have to desagree with u pal, there is no third thing, there's one more thing..

I am sure it will be the 26! Is a Tuesday, apple loves Tuesdays!

My credict card is waiting for whatever comes

Comment

crees!

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
As linked to on AI...

showimage.php

showimage.php

Comment

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I don't really catch this Tablet idea.. What's so special about it? It has been rumored to exist for years but is there any water proof evidence that it even exists or will exist?

Think what you want but IMO there won't be a Tablet before 26th or after it.  will only update laptops and maybe bring a 8GB 3GS

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.