Man....no camera, missing apps and worst of all....NO SPEAKER!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by redgtxdi, Dec 17, 2007.

1. redgtxdi macrumors newbie

WTF was Jobs thinking??? :confused:

I've already done a double-take a couple times now forgetting I need to have earphones to hear anything when I'm showin' off the new "toy".

Haven't we been trying to get RID of wires for the last decade??

My sister's iPhone was easy to show off. Plus, w/o a camera, there's no instant gratification in the pixel department.

Thinkin' I might just exchange this Touch for an iPhone & get the real deal. Just hack it & use it as what a ipod Touch *SHOULD* have been. :mad:

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I love the fact that the iPod touch doesn't have a built in speaker. It's an iPod, it shouldn't have one.

Also means you won't have annoying brats on the bus blasting out their music.

3. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

haha no camera?? why would someone need a crappy ass camera on an ipod? Id be angrier if it actually had one. Here is a novel idea though, i think this is pure genius, ready?

Get an iPhone!

4. toonz diggler macrumors member

very very true, that is so annoying

5. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Amen.

People seem to want the Touch to be exactly a phone-less iPhone, when it's not. It's not a PDA. It's not a phone. it's not a computer. It's an iPod, with wireless capabilities. The added apps (through jailbreaking) are nice to have, but not essential, and not the focus of the device.

6. redgtxdi thread starter macrumors newbie

So every time you wanna sample something you just loaded (w/ visual interface) you've gotta stuff them buds back in your ears again, eh??

And who gives a rip about kids on the bus..........I haven't ridden a bus since grade school! WTF?

It's about having the option!! We could always *not* use them, but you can't poop 'em!

1 of something is 100% better than none of something.

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Seriously?
    Like you didn't know what you were getting before you bought the thing?

8. soemochris macrumors member

also apple will get more money selling GOOD speakers

gahr i hate people playing their music loud through a bad in-built speaker

9. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

quit whining. you have an ipod touch. i have a red nano. ungrateful.

10. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Why bother making this post? Its just making you seem less intelligent and more ignorant. Not to mention all the people on these boards who are going to oppose everything you dish out.

11. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

that's a very unpractical thought. apple doesn't bloat their products with a poor fluff features.

12. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Exactly!

O crap I didn't knew my MacBook would lack blu-ray, or doesn't have HD screen! What if I want this in the future! (sarcasm ends)

-Victor

13. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Take a general course in business and maybe you will understand that Apple doesnt make products because they will make people like you happy. They make products to make MONEY. And that is exactly what they are doing. There is an economic reason for everything a company does.

14. redgtxdi thread starter macrumors newbie

Uhhhhhh.........got it as a gift from work. We all got 'em. :rolleyes:

And as for playing things loud thru a built in speaker?? Nooooo........how about just samplin' the F'n sound of the movie it just took me 7 hours to convert so when I hand it to a coworker to check out, they don't have to take *MY* earbuds & double-wax-dip 'em in their ears.

Trust me all ye defenders of the JOBS, if the thing had a speaker and a camera, you'd be defending STILL to those who dissed it. "Hey, it's got everything, what more do you want?? You ingrate!!" :p

15. FatalShot macrumors newbie

You can buy a mini speaker to plug into your iPod for pretty cheap (like $5-10). And for the missing apps: if you jailbreak your touch you can get the iPhone apps. After jailbreak: the only difference between the iPod Touch and the iPhone is the phone and that you can almost constantly get wifi with the iPhone but you have to be in "Hot Spots" (wifi areas) with the Touch. With the Touch being much cheaper, I'd say that the Touch is the better deal!

16. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

So you're complaining about something you got for free???

You pretty much just lost all right to complain.

17. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

18. redgtxdi thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL!! I promise you I'm older than most on this forum and probably all in this thread.

Remember I work at a job where we were given iPod Touches for Christmas, not allowed "free dress day"........:rolleyes:

As for the speaker plug-in, ya I thought about that......it's just too bad they didn't already put on in there. It'd sure as hell been much more convenient.

Saw these http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Portable-Plug-in-Speaker-for-iPod-Nano-Video-Touch_W0QQitemZ320196757766QQihZ011QQcategoryZ111694QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

on ebay, but still looks a little big. However, the feedbacks I read seemed to imply that they were happy. ????

19. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Thats my mistake. I'm truthfully sorry. For some reason you sounded like a whiny teenager. I'm sure i was alone with that though...

20. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Seriously man, I have no idea how you got to that assumption.

21. redgtxdi thread starter macrumors newbie

Took it to the local subway sandwich I go to today & handed it over to the owner so he could check it out. He starts watching The Matrix in my movies section. What does he do?? (Sorry, no I didn't set this up).

Puts it up to his ear & says......."I can't hear it!"

/thread :rolleyes:

22. California King macrumors 65816

I'd love for the touch to have built-in speakers. Don't know about you guys, but I always listen to music when I'm on the crapper and I don't really like to deal with wires while doing my thang...:eek:

23. pscoble macrumors 6502

notice the IPOD in iPod touch did any iPod before have speakers or a camera. You're comparing it to an iPhone, don't. Also why are you complaining to Jobs? He didn't design it. The only reason the iPhone has speakers is because it has to hehe not to mention they aren't that great for music.

24. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Wouldn't blame them for not allowing you a free dress day, you might be dangerous if released from that straitjacket.

25. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

It really should be, though. Or at least there should be an option to get one like that... Just call it a Newton, add BT, a 2mp camera, and PDA apps and be done with it.

I figure that they'll get there eventually, it just might take ATT pissing Jobs off to do it. I see the eventual structure like this though: iPod touch 16gb $299 (basically the same device it is now). Newton touch 16gb $399 (iPod touch + 2mp camera and BT). iPhone 16gb (3.1+ mp camera w/camcorder and LED flash, direct to YouTube video, plus some other improvements) $399 + $20/month dataplan.

It'll happen, I think... Just not till either someone at ATT pisses Jobs off or until Apple feels that everyone who's going to buy an iPhone has bought one.