Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Took it to the local subway sandwich I go to today & handed it over to the owner so he could check it out. He starts watching The Matrix in my movies section. What does he do?? (Sorry, no I didn't set this up).

Puts it up to his ear & says......."I can't hear it!"

/thread :rolleyes:

And my car won't drive me anywhere unless I'm inside it, but you don't see me bitching on the Mazda forums.

redgtxdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
And my car won't drive me anywhere unless I'm inside it, but you don't see me bitching on the Mazda forums.

You would be if Mazda had forgotten to include reverse! (equally lame analogy?) ;)

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
You would be if Mazda had forgotten to include reverse! (equally lame analogy?) ;)

Both lame analogies, but can we attempt to inject some humor in next time?
You got it for free, sweet, so I'll buy it for let's saaaay $100? Otherwise I will be getting the iPhone whenever I feel the time is right.

My toilet still doesn't wipe my ass for me, but you don't see me starting a thread about it!

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
stop_sign.gif
the
images
ing? And, for the love of god, please don't type like you're thirteen if you don't want people to think you are thirteen...

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
I've already done a double-take a couple times now forgetting I need to have earphones to hear anything when I'm showin' off the new "toy".

So, you feel that touch needs a tiny speaker so you could "show off" your new toy?

My sister's iPhone was easy to show off.

So, your entire family is a bunch of show-offs?

Plus, w/o a camera, there's no instant gratification in the pixel department.

An iPod with a camera? Right....

So every time you wanna sample something you just loaded (w/ visual interface) you've gotta stuff them buds back in your ears again, eh??

Um, yes? What's the point of having a tiny speaker with crappy sound-quality? So you could "show off" your device?

And who gives a rip about kids on the bus..........I haven't ridden a bus since grade school! WTF?

Um, some of us spend quite a bit of time on public transportation.

It's about having the option!! We could always *not* use them, but you can't poop 'em!

Yeah! the touch should also have a blender, laserpointer and a labelmaker! It's about having the option!!

1 of something is 100% better than none of something.

"Perfection is not achieved when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away".

The features you want would make the device bigger, heavier, clumsier, more expensive.... And for what? So you could "show off" your device?

Uhhhhhh.........got it as a gift from work. We all got 'em. :rolleyes:

So you got it for free, and you whine? Oh the humanity!

And as for playing things loud thru a built in speaker?? Nooooo........how about just samplin' the F'n sound of the movie it just took me 7 hours to convert so when I hand it to a coworker to check out

And for that they should add a tiny speaker? I'm sorry but that's just retarded. Why do you need to "sample" the sound? Sample it with the frigging earbuds!

LOL!! I promise you I'm older than most on this forum and probably all in this thread.

Yet you sound like a frigging 12-year old.

Can I vote for this thread in the annual "dumbest thread in MacRumors-contest"?

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
So every time you wanna sample something you just loaded (w/ visual interface) you've gotta stuff them buds back in your ears again, eh??

And who gives a rip about kids on the bus..........I haven't ridden a bus since grade school! WTF?

It's about having the option!! We could always *not* use them, but you can't poop 'em!

1 of something is 100% better than none of something.

Yes, I put my headphones back on. Because that's what they're for.

And you'd be surprised how many people care about the kids on the bus blasting their music through mobile phones etc. Just because you don't ride a bus anymore, doesn't mean a vast majority don't.

Plug in some external portable speakers if it bothers you that much when you want to 'show off' your iPod. ;)

atad6

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2006
Adding a speaker would have probably made it hard to keep the current dimensions of the device which is one thing that the touch has over the iphone. It's an attempt to balance out what it has missing from the iphone, making it a different device.

Of course everyone knows it is a bit lacking compared to the iphone, that's the point, but i think they were at least trying to make it a separate device as much as possible, rather than a featureless iphone.

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007

You DO have an option, its called iPhone. Get your working self to a store and get one, don't want it, its your option as well, just don't complain about not taking the option that will fix your complaints.

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
WTF was Jobs thinking??? :confused:

I've already done a double-take a couple times now forgetting I need to have earphones to hear anything when I'm showin' off the new "toy".

Haven't we been trying to get RID of wires for the last decade??

My sister's iPhone was easy to show off. Plus, w/o a camera, there's no instant gratification in the pixel department.

Thinkin' I might just exchange this Touch for an iPhone & get the real deal. Just hack it & use it as what a ipod Touch *SHOULD* have been. :mad:

What the heck does "instant gratification in the pixel department" mean?

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
blast...have u heard the speaker??!!
LOL!

Those tiny built-in speakers in various devices might not be ghettoblasters, but they are enough to annoy the crap out of other people. If you want to listen to music, put the headphones on!

doobi18

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2006
Sydney, Australia
come on.

you're just whinging that the ipod touch doesn't have the things which would make it an iphone.

you talk about MEANT to have; an internet browser and other features on it are surely more than an ipod was ever MEANT to have, you can't really complain there.

and maybe you should have gotten an iphone...

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Took it to the local subway sandwich I go to today & handed it over to the owner so he could check it out. He starts watching The Matrix in my movies section. What does he do?? (Sorry, no I didn't set this up).

Puts it up to his ear & says......."I can't hear it!"

/thread :rolleyes:

I think the bigger problem is that you let slimy meat hands touch your iPod.
LOL!!

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
what I would like to have seen as a given with the ipod is the apps from iphone, yeh I know its an ipod blah blah but stuff like that would be nice to see as extras

azz0r

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2007
I would have preffered it had speakers and mail without a jailbreak.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
WTF was Jobs thinking??? :confused:

Haven't we been trying to get RID of wires for the last decade??

My sister's iPhone was easy to show off. Plus, w/o a camera, there's no instant gratification in the pixel department.

Thinkin' I might just exchange this Touch for an iPhone & get the real deal. Just hack it & use it as what a ipod Touch *SHOULD* have been. :mad:

one word---- GET AN IPHONE -----okay maybe three, but that is what the iphone is for, its a marketing scheme, if you want that you compramise the ipod and have to purchase a phone plan as well.

redgtxdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
That's hilarious.

Dumbest thread.......

This guy's an idiot.......

Insert typical anal-retentive, forum hypocritical, fodder here........

Followed up by posts sprinkled amongst the horse***** like.....

"Ya, I wish it had apps like the iPhone.....".

"Would've preferred it had speakers & mail w/o jailbreak......."

:apple:

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
That's hilarious.

Dumbest thread.......

This guy's an idiot.......

Insert typical anal-retentive, forum hypocritical, fodder here........

Followed up by posts sprinkled amongst the horse***** like.....

"Ya, I wish it had apps like the iPhone.....".

"Would've preferred it had speakers & mail w/o jailbreak......."

:apple:

I don't get it. You started the thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.