Mandela Effect

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Project Alice, May 13, 2019.

1. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

You are correct.

I just listened to it, and it ends with "of the world".

So, I think this is an example of people hearing different versions of the song. IIRC, I think the version that I would hear on the radio also ended with "of the world", but the version I have in my library just fades away after "We are the champions".

It still fits the ME, but like I mentioned earlier, has a logical reason why people remember it differently.

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Fascinating to read this thread where virtually nobody understands the actual premise of the OP (while vehemently claiming they do) and is content to wage war and go to battle against a straw man of their own creation and provide "proof" of their convictions against said straw man while dismissing the OP's post out of hand because... well, because.

3. chown33 macrumors 604

Which, when I think about it, seems entirely fitting, if a bit self-referential (arguing about perception, memory, and frames of reference). I'm not against recursion.

4. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I think that one could understand the actual premise of the OP's post, but not agree with it.

Understanding and agreeing can be two separate opinions.

I understand the OP's premise, and find it to be really fascinating, but I believe that there is a more logical explanation to what is happening than the more fantastical theory of multiverse or something similar.

But, I do think some might not be fully understanding what the OP is referring to when discussing ME.

5. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

OP pointed at a source, a website. The website talks about markers of reality shifts, among other questionable things. So no, I think we do understand the premise and we do disagree with the conclusions.

6. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

People misremembering things is certainly not evidence of some reality shifts or whatever they call it. But I have to disagree with the notion that no one can remember clearly something that happened in elementary school. I'm sure nobody can remember everything that happened to them at a young age, but to say they can't remember any of it clearly? I have plenty of memories of being young and can remember a lot of specifics.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Neither does Ohio. Having lived there for seven years, I have no trouble believing that it doesn't exist.

8. Spacetime Anomaly macrumors member

Spacetime Anomaly

How would you know?

9. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

Bravo, very well said, and your post makes a very necessary distinction that needed to be drawn as a part of this discussion.