Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Does anyone know if the apple silicone case and apple leather case have the same thickness?

I usually buy the leather case, but I would like something a little thinner.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
I havw also been trying to decide. I thought my ip11 pro felt small but the 12pro max feels huge. Here is how I am trying to make my decision I ordered cases for both and comparing to my 11pro. the Max feel really big but I may give it a go for a year. I use my phone for everything so I may be able to deal with the bigger size to have more real estate.
View attachment 971202 View attachment 971203 View attachment 971204 View attachment 971205
Great shots. Thanks for posting. You don’t have a X to use in a comparison by any chance? I’ve ordered a 12Pro but was really tempted by the 12 PM camera. I’m afraid the Max would feel huge and unwieldy to me. Heck, I use the assistive touch as a shortcut for reachability on my X. Can’t imagine what a 12 Pro Max would be like.

scarrz

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2015
Great shots. Thanks for posting. You don’t have a X to use in a comparison by any chance? I’ve ordered a 12Pro but was really tempted by the 12 PM camera. I’m afraid the Max would feel huge and unwieldy to me. Heck, I use the assistive touch as a shortcut for reachability on my X. Can’t imagine what a 12 Pro Max would be like.

(First pic) Otterbox symmetry series for X against the Spigen 12P Max case. For me it’s just the height that could be an issue in your pocket if they are shallow.

(Pics 2/3) A couple snaps of the smartish case for the 12P and 12PM.

Attachments

• 20095310-4C97-4C49-A000-B5310EE7DEE9.jpeg
    20095310-4C97-4C49-A000-B5310EE7DEE9.jpeg
    364.2 KB · Views: 95
  • D06C4ACD-6710-4A93-A259-FF71E0130E41.jpeg
    D06C4ACD-6710-4A93-A259-FF71E0130E41.jpeg
    528.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 3806B222-026D-4D9F-94ED-93C1B3EDFCC5.jpeg
    3806B222-026D-4D9F-94ED-93C1B3EDFCC5.jpeg
    698 KB · Views: 97

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Thanks. My work phone is an X. I can snap those same pics with the x in the case if that is helpful. Give me a few mins to do that. I am really still leaning towards the max even though I think it will feel too big I just don't feel the 11pro to the 12 pro is that much of a difference to make the change. I would rather have the better camera and bigger screen to make myself okay pulling the trigger so I can be disappointed later lol

Reactions: scarrz

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Honestly, the regular Pro and Pro Max size difference is negligible. And they are the exact same thickness, so I am not sure why the Pro Max camera is a hair better specs than the Pro.

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
Honestly, the regular Pro and Pro Max size difference is negligible. And they are the exact same thickness, so I am not sure why the Pro Max camera is a hair better specs than the Pro.

So that they can resell you the iPhone 13 Pro with the same cam on this year's Pro Max.

Reactions: smoking monkey

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Ok here are the pics.
IMG_1948.jpg
IMG_1949.jpg
IMG_1950.jpg

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
i'm currently using 11 Pro Max, i definitely fell the size and weight during everyday activities. one thing that held me back from switch to a smaller screen phone is i'm afraid my eyesight will take a hit. i use phone a lot during night time while laying in bed in dark surrounding. my eyesight gotten worsen that one year i was using X, not sure if it was due to the phone but after changed to Pro max, i felt much better. with that said, i'm still debating whether to get the 12 pro or wait for the pro max. to me at least, a regular sized screen Pro is about as perfect an iphone can get. bigger screen iphones always give me a cheaper feeling (don't know why, just my personal opinion).

i also have an ipad mini 5 laying around the house eating dust, if i go with the regular size Pro this time, maybe i can start using the ipad mini more especially during night time, in place of the phone.

P.S. anyone know the battery difference between the Pro and Pro Max? one thing i do like about my 11 pro max is the battery usage.
From what I am reading, the pro max should have 3 more hours than the pro. I really want to the smaller phone, but I don’t want to sacrifice the battery life - especially coming from the 11PM - that phone is a battery beast!

Openworld1234

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2019
My glass screen protectors arrived and case for the 12 pro max looks small we need a 6.9 pro max next year...

Sorig

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
I had the 8 Plus and the XS Max and they were a burden at the gym, but no problems everywhere else.

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
I got my case for the 12PM and I put my 11pm in it and tried carrying it around in my pocket and to be totally honest, it is not that much bigger. I always put a very slim case on my phones and so I do not think I am going to notice a difference between the phones.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
I don't know if it's impatience or im just getting tired of the phones getting bigger and bigger. I pick up the 12 pro tomorrow and want to see how it feels. Ill order the max and if the reviews say the battery life and camera differences are marginal ill keep the 12 pro for a change. otherwise il return it. I have a feeling so many people will be exchanging these that Apple may block you from purchasing a pro 12 max if you ordered the 12 pro. Not sure if they can do this. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
I think the regular pro will be plenty big

I always felt my Xr was already large and Im coming from se2 noW

and prior to that I had an x which I found too small for its physical size

and prior to that plus phones exclusively

i did consider the max though. In the end even being a good deal, $700 off through att coupled with being $100 more expensive I didn’t feel it was worth double the cheap price of the regular pro for a bigger screen that would be a mixed bag and camera features I’m not sure I’d notice or care about. Triple camera will be cool enough for me
They really know how to work these promotions. Why $100 less for max.

DukeDevlin

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Side question on the Pro Max: They are larger than the 11 Pro Max. This means that a grip (Glif / Shoulderpod) or car mounts that are 11 Pro Max compatible will not necessarily be compatible with the 12 Pro Max? Or the width remains the same despite the extra inches? Thank you.

scubatopy

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2018
Side question on the Pro Max: They are larger than the 11 Pro Max. This means that a grip (Glif / Shoulderpod) or car mounts that are 11 Pro Max compatible will not necessarily be compatible with the 12 Pro Max? Or the width remains the same despite the extra inches? Thank you.
There's a 0.3 mm (0.01 inches) difference between the 2 models .

Tenhauser

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2011
now that the 12pro has 6.1 screen going to the max must be done ONLY if you care about the camera

i was using plus/max phones for several years already mainly because they provided better camera experience not because of the screen size

i still think apple should've stay with 6.5 screen/narrower than the 11 pro max instead of increasing the screen size and making the phone even wider than the current pro max

Hansana

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2014
Back in the day 6 inch was considered massive.
I do not need the extra weight in my life and I use my phone one handed most of the time.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
I like big phones since I have big hands (i guess) the 11 pro max size is perfect for me 6.5 inch. I would like to see the 12 pro max 6.7 inch and see how that feels. But I think Apple stop with the screen sizes getting bigger. I think the 6 or 6.5 inch size is the sweet spot (at least for me). If Apple goes to 7 inch phones that's were I would probably stop getting the max versions LOL.

Reactions: PieTunes

bheiser

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
As a former iPhone user whos been on the android (Samsung Note) series for 3 years I'm considering returning to iPhone with the 12 Pro or Max. I'm a photographer so the camera features interest me. Also i want an Apple Watch 1?.

Anyway, the Max is less tall than my current Note 10+, but it is wider. I carry the Note in my jeans pocket and most of the time its not an issue. If I kneel down or do a high step up then I do remove it to avoid risk of bending/breaking it.

Have any of you made the switch from the Note format factor to the iPhone Max series and have any experience you can share? Aside from the carry issue I'd really prefer the Max, but I need to be able to carry it in a front pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.