Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2016
Hello,

I just bought the Asus PG348Q monitor to have external for my new MBP.
As I connected it the first time there were no problems and I was happy as a kid on Christmas Eve.

Although after the computer went to sleep mode and I got back the external screen didn't power on correctly. The screen just went on and off the whole time. (This was yesterday). I tried a couple of things and googled the problem but didn't find a solution that worked.

Got home today from school and tried to connect it again and everything works like a charm.
They same thing again... Sleep mode happened and back to square one.

I have tried SMC reset, didn't work. I have tried using the other USB-C connections, not working. Then one time it started working. I wanted to make sure it would work all the time. Disconnected it and try to replug it, once again back to square one.

Now after having it connected and the screen went on/off for about 5 minutes the screen just poped on and worked like it should.

Now I wonder if anyone else experiencing this problem and maybe someone now how to fix it?

Thanks for hearing me out.

P.S using apples HDMI digital USB-C adapter or whatever its called.

reasonrulaz

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Try DP cable instead of HDMI... HDMI connections may cause issues..

Also, MacBook does not support 60hz through HDMI..

ddog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2016
Try DP cable instead of HDMI... HDMI connections may cause issues..

Also, MacBook does not support 60hz through HDMI..

I got the screen so I could have the DP to my PC and using the HDMI to for the Mac. The screen clocks down to 50Hz so that should not be a problem right?

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
I get this every morning when I plug in my two Dell P2715Q monitors via USB-C to DisplayPort cables. I have to do a little dance consisting of plugging/unplugging the cables in different orders to get it to work. No rhyme or reason so far, but it really is every time I have to plug in the external displays.

ddog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2016
Okey, I guess I just have to live with it then... damn you Apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.