MBP Shipping times - faster than expected

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cptpower, Oct 30, 2007.

1. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

I ordered my MBP (2.2GHz) on Friday evening. Wanted to make sure that Leopard would at least be included in the box (likely not pre-installed, but that's fine with me).

I received an email from Apple stating that it would ship sometime on the 29th or 30th of Oct, and estimated delivery was Nov. 6-9 (to Calgary, AB). That's all well and good; I've waited this long for it, a few more days won't kill me, even if they do seem like years.

Needless to say, I was *quite* pleasantly surprised when I found out that, not only was it shipped yesterday morning, but its also estimated to be delivered by tomorrow afternoon! :D

Anybody else having the same sort of luck with these shipping dates to different parts of the world?

2. BentwoodBlue macrumors member

3. shobell macrumors newbie

I ordered mine Sunday nite.
    Says shipping by Oct 30-Oct 31.
    Already it's killing me.

- 15" MBP 2.4Hz

4. blackslayer macrumors regular

Ordered mine at 12midnight and delivered the same afternoon. singapore:eek:

5. shobell macrumors newbie

ouch. That's rubbing salt to the wound. I'm originally from Singapore and works in Canada now. :rolleyes:

6. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

I so wish. Mine was suppose to ship as soon as FedEx confirmed my return of my first one. Its still says ready to ship but no ship date. Which irritates me b/c It will end up being a full week before I get my 2nd one. If number 2 has yellow screen, I'll just do a return b/c I won't have it for my big trip end of this month and I'll have to just pick up a Macbook to play with until they update the screens.

7. jlforester macrumors newbie

I ordered my MBP on Saturday. Last night the Apple store changed the status to "prepared for shipment", and it said "shipped" this morning. I paid for 2-3 day shipping. Since it's coming from China, I expect it to take the full 3 days. Regardless, FedEx says expected delivery is Friday morning by 10:30!

I'm so excited! It's my first Mac! Two weeks after we bought an iMac for my wife.

8. chris89 macrumors newbie

ahh! i wish i were so lucky. i ordered mine on friday evening and it still hasn't shipped out yet! probably something to do with BTO. its killing me!

9. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

Whew, ok mine shipped this afternoon and will get here by Nov 1st. Happy happy Joy Joy

10. D3nZ macrumors member

I ordered mine on friday but because of credit card problems, I had to order again on monday. So I replaced my order (yesterday monday) for my MacBook Pro 15" with my Bose Companion 2 speakers. I received a message today (tuesday) saying my speakers had been shipped and will be here on thursday, I expect them to ship the computer tomorrow and I will probably receive it on friday. Unfortunatly I will not be here friday because I'm going to a convention, so my mom will sign everything for me and I will only be able to get everything going (including my new Airport Extreme and Wireless Mouse) on sunday evening when I get back), this will be one long weekend and one long ride home on sunday.

11. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

crap it was just my Leopord that shipped, my replacement Macbook Pro is STILL marked as ready for shipment. BAH

12. zeester macrumors newbie

I got pretty lucky. I'm studying in Canada too, but I came back to Singapore for holiday and decided to order my MPB from the Singapore apple store.

Ordered: October 26 (Friday) 9pm
    Shipped: October 29 (Monday) 11am
    Delivered: Same day 2pm

My MBP came pre-installed with Tiger, but a Leopard installation CD was included in the box. So I got Leopard up and running after about 50mins of installation. I've been playing around with the MBP for the last 2 days. Absolutely love it, except for the fact that it's too hot to place on my lap.

I was really impressed with the speed of delivery. After reading about all the delay stories on the forum, I was expecting at least a one-week wait. I even went out shopping on Monday, until my grandma called me to say "Hey, someone just delivered a huge box to our house, you better come home now."

Good luck to everyone here, hope you get yours really soon!

13. mach macrumors regular

I ordered a 15" 2.4GHz with the 7200RPM drive Sunday evening and my status as of right now (Tuesday, 10:42PM) is "Prepared for Shipment". I paid for the 2-3 day shipping, so I expect it either Friday or Saturday. Great service.

14. abz786 macrumors 6502

hey
    planning on ordering the mbp pretty soon here
    on the site they say 1-3 business days on the apple.ca store
    i do live in alberta, canada so how long am i looking at?
    i do know that with fedex the expected delievery time they give is almost 99.9% accurate except for unexpected delays (weather, traffic etc etc)

but it is coming from singapore right so how fast can it come?

15. emikshe macrumors member

emikshe

Wow, seems like many other MR members just ordered as well! I ordered my MBP (BTO 7200rpm 2.2ghz) Sunday night, it has said "not shipped" up until tonight, and now it finally says "Prepared for Shipment". I paid extra for the 2-3 day shipping so I really hope it gets here Friday or Saturday!

Hope everyone else enjoys their new macs too!

16. cptpower thread starter macrumors regular

cptpower

I'm in Alberta as well; ordered mine on Friday and it should be arriving today. However, mine was coming from California because it was a stock model; no HDD upgrades or anything.

All the same, for 2.5 business days to elapse from time of order to time of delivery is pretty darn impressive. :D

17. abz786 macrumors 6502

okay
    so then if i were to get the hdd upgrade and prob going to order a couple monitors at the same time. so that might take a little longer then

but thats pretty good, 2.5 days to cowtown!

18. D3nZ macrumors member

I just received my confirmation and I will only get it on the 6th of november, that will be a long wait especially when you already have everything (Router, Mouse, Bag, Speakers). I have no idea where it comes from though, I only got the glossy screen, no other extra additions.

EDIT: How do you know where it ships from? Is there any other way than the departure scan?

19. cptpower thread starter macrumors regular

cptpower

The confirmation from Apple doesn't really mean much. Mine said it wouldn't be delivered until November 6-9, but I just opened the box, so that was a little off :D:D:D:D

Wait til you get your tracking number from FedEx and check it there. They'll give you an accurate delivery date, and that's also when you'll find out where it's getting shipped from.

I'm so freakin' excited; I can't wait to play on this thing, but my boss probably wouldn't appreciate that, so I'm going to have to wait til lunchtime I guess before I start at it. :(

20. shobell macrumors newbie

So jealous :) Wish I have it here with me right now as I'm off work sick today. Having my macbook here would make me feel better. :p

Anyways, here's my current order status:
    - Sun nite : ordered via phone
    - Wed : Received an acknowleged email that they are processing my order
    - Wed : Credit card company called about the "abnormal" payment.
    - ...still waiting..

Despite the wait, as long as there arent any problems with the macbook pro, I'll be the happiest girl! :D

21. cptpower thread starter macrumors regular

cptpower

Started my MBP up finally; still doing work while Leopard goes through the install process (it came pre-installed with Tiger, and a Leopard upgrade disc in the box).

This machine looks perfect. None of the problems I've read about all to frequently on these forums are present. that is to say:

No yellowing of the screen
    No warping of the lid
    No bulges on the trackpad
    Nothing!

Looks great! :D:D:D

22. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

It isn't a MBP, byt I've noticed Apple is really good with quick shipping. When my iPod screen got destroyed, I sent them a notification, the next morning I got a box, sent it out that day, they fixed it, and I received it two days later. Three days total to get it back from the time I requested a box to send it in. I didn't even request special shipping.

23. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

Wow, MBP's are popular atm!

I bought mine Sat, arrived Tuesday along with all the extras (I'm in the UK and they only come from Ireland if they're stock). I was really impressed by the shipping time, my 12" Powerbook took a few weeks, although that was around four years ago however.

Unfortunately for me, I can't really do much (I haven't even installed Leopard on the MBP!) as I'm awaiting a bigger hard drive so its sat there staring at me, teasing me.

24. emikshe macrumors member

emikshe

Mine shipped today from China via FedEx - no delivery estimate yet, I'm literally refreshing the tracking page every hour... pretty pathetic, I know! It's my first Mac though so give me a break :)

25. D3nZ macrumors member

Don't worry I am exacly the same as you, first mac and very anxious to press that power button, not sure where from mine is shipping unfortunatly but I took the fast shipping.