mbp usb ports

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tflournoy95, Oct 22, 2009.

1. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

anyone else think that they should put more usb ports in the mbp?

2. celticpride678

For what? I only need two USB ports and so do other people. Get a USB Hub if you want more USB ports.

3. tflournoy95 thread starter macrumors 6502

i think they should put more because if im already paying 1200 for an mbp i dont want to have to spend the extra $$ on a hub

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You knew going into it that the MBP comes with two USB ports. Since you already bought the unit, complaining about it after the fact doesn't hold water. If two USB ports were really an issue for you, you wouldn't have bought it. You got exactly what you paid for.

5. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Sure a third usb port would be nice, but for what I hardly ever need more than two and when I do, I just plug in a usb hub, if you are on the road and need more than two usb ports you should reevaluate, what you are using the ports for. You knew exactly what you were getting when you bought it, if this really were this much of an issues, you would not have bought it, so quit complaining, about something that you already knew was going be an issue for you when you bought it, which means you shouldn't have bought it, you could have just gotten a really crappy Dell if USB ports are the most important to you.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I don't know if you are responding to OP but the funny thing about it is, he doesn't have an apple notebook yet :)

7. tflournoy95 thread starter macrumors 6502

the last computer i had was a dell and it broke after 2 weeks. it had only four usb. i would rather have to buy a hub than use that pos again.

8. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to have more USB ports, but the way the laptop is designed, it doesn't look like there's room. I mean...the 13" one doesn't even have room for a separate audio in and out lol..

9. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Exactly my point, you bought the MBP because it was a quality product, I am certainly willing to drop a few ports for superior build quality.

10. Nuge macrumors newbie

one more usb port wouldn't hurt, especially one on the right side

11. tflournoy95 thread starter macrumors 6502

lol. i DIDNT buy and mbp. im going to. im just voicing my opinion that there should be more usb ports

12. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

:rolleyes: One thumb drive and or a usb mouse and your done. Not everyone uses a bluetooth mouse and or keyboard. There needs to be more.

13. rowsdower macrumors 6502

I would actually prefer more USB ports as well (especially instead of the SD reader), but after spending $1200 for a laptop I don't think $5 for a hub is that big of a deal. I just don't want to carry the hub around.

14. Davidkoh macrumors 65816

And I want 20 hours of battery life, but you can't have it all ;)

15. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Get the 17" model like I did, it has 3 USB ports :)

16. chrisrottan macrumors member

I think they should separate the placement of each USB port abit further as they're tight together. A simple USB flash Drive and a USB mouse will not fit in there next to each other.

17. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Really? Thats exactly what I have plugged in right now and they fit fine. Kingston Data Traveler USB flash drive and a Logitech VX Nano receiver.

18. chrisrottan macrumors member

I have a kingston traveler and a logitech usb mouse. Both can't be plugged in at the sametime in a 13" mbp.

19. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

20. darngooddesign macrumors G3

$2500+ and only 3 ports...awesome!

21. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

$2500 for a amazing quality laptop with an equally amazing screen.

Since when was quantity of USB ports a measurement of quality?

22. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Oh brother. Guess they should put twenty display port outputs for those times when you need to entertain a crowd with a wall of video. options dammit!

23. RKpro macrumors 6502

I've never needed more than 2 while on the road.

And on my desk, I've glued a 7 port hub under my mStand. So when I arrive home, I just connect 1 short USB cable and magsafe, and my external keyboard mouse, external HDD and ipod are all connected, with 4 ports to spare.

[​IMG]

24. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

This is a regular question that comes up and I always like how those who don't need more than 2 USB ports always think that should be enough for everyone else.

25. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

They should separate them.

I can't plug in my mobile broadband card and something else at the same time without having to use the extension cable. Then it's just weird.

I only need two, though :). The rest are covered by the USB on the back of the LED Cinema Display :D.