Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
who cares!
everyone knew.
steve should get a life and learn how to introduce a truly innovative product instead of this sorry excuse of a product introduced yesterday.

As far as ebooks go, there are several formats already available that run in iphone, kindle being one of them. Presuming one can use all the current applications in the app store with ones new app pad, then one presumes one can continue reading their Kindle or Ereader purchases on the ipad.

That is of course if one wants to even bother buying one of these things.

I will wait till the next generation comes out with a larger capacity, and camera, which was a huge mistake for them!

All that hype, all that anticipation, for what? A big nothing!

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
No Surprise here! So much for all those that deemed this a " Controlled Leak! " --))))

It was really stupid of Terry McGraw too steal the thunder and not just wait one day.

Yet, to be permanently banned would be a Huge mistake. Why punish your users that may need McGraw Hill's text books?

the-oz-man

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2009
Business as usual for Steve and Apple. You had to know this was coming if you steal the thunder of Steve. Now receive his wrath!

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
That's just stupid of Steve. Wall Street Journal had already confirmed at that point. And the whole world knew that a tablet was going to be released. If you are the least bit interested in tech, you had to be asleep not to see the whole blogosphere talking about it. It's not he let some super secret out of the bag.

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
No Surprise here! So much for all those that deemed this a " Controlled Leak! " --))))

It was really stupid of Terry McGraw too steal the thunder and not just wait one day.

Yet, to be permanently banned would be a Huge mistake. Why punish your users that may need McGraw Hill's text books?

Not like the entire tech world didn't already know whats coming. Just a classic case of Control Freak Steve showing he has the almighty power.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
The guy is incompetent. He's a descendant of the owner as you know.

His days there may be numbered as I imagine this gaff is just the tip of the iceberg.

martint84

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2009
I'll admit that I was wrong on this one. Steve's gonna up the deal with McGraw-Hill to 50/50 rather than 70/30...

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Perhaps if you spent millions of dollars and nearly a decade working on a project, and somehow managed with considerable success to keep it under wraps all that time, and were building up to it's big unveiling, you'd be a little upset when some newcomer collaborator (a CEO, even, who should know better) blabs his big friggin mouth on national news in such a self-serving display the day before the big event...

If you can't trust your business partners, you need to kill them.

Vertical

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
Kentucky
It was messed up for him to basically announce it for apple. Don't blame them a bit for removing him from the list. Basically made the entire surprise for the event nothing more than conformation of what the tablet would actually include.

On a side note, the lack of flash on the tablet is making it hard for me to convence anyone (family and friends) to get it. Freeking everyone plays farmtown and stuff on facebook and without flash, they cant do it. I really think they should because all they do is browse the net and check email (and on thier PC's get a bunch of viruses within a week of me fixing the last one...) but without flash, they are not giving up their farmtown... lol

john.gunter

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2010
When watching the keynote last night I wondered why so much time would be consumed demo'ing monotonous elements of the device (browse a few more websites whenever you get a chance...).

Then after seeing McGraw-Hill excluded from the partner slide I'm thinking that there may have been an e-textbook demo from the McGraw-Hill CEO that was cut entirely from the keynote.

jsonli

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2008
How many times is this "news" going to be reported?

MACMILLIAN IS A MCGRAW-HILL PUBLISHER.

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Who gives a crap. McGraw probably made more people aware of the Apple "event" than otherwise would have. The books from McGraw-Hill will still be included. Total non-story except in the extreme-Apple-fan universe.

Not true. For about 7 days prior to him running his mouth off, ALL of the major news websites and shows were running stories on all of the rumors of an Apple tablet. He just made himself look like a fool.

badpinoy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
who cares if he opened his mouth less than 24 hours before. Does that make the product different. The product was the same before the event and after the event. Its not like the tablet was a surprise.

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
It was a calculated risk. McGraw-Hill received far more free publicity from their leak than they would have gotten from being listed in Steve's keynote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.