Media Event Updates. New iMac? New App?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple appears to have successfully squashed any opportunity for most of the Mac media to rebroadcast their media event.

Here's what we've gotten so far however from various sources. (StuffMagazine report)

- All New iMac: thinner, iSight bulit in, and new app called Photo Booth
- Front Row: gives people a new way to enjoy music/video/pictures from sofa. iPod style remote. Uses the iMac screen to display.
- Photo Booth: uses iMac screen to display photos.

TheMasin9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2004
Huber Heights, OH
sounds good

Macrumors said:

Apple appears to have successfully squashed any opportunity for most of the Mac media to rebroadcast their media event.

Here's what we've gotten so far however from various sources. (StuffMagazine report)

- All New iMac: thinner, iSight bulit in, and new app called Photo Booth
- Front Row: gives people a new way to enjoy music/video/pictures from sofa. iPod style remote. Uses the iMac screen to display.
- Photo Booth: uses iMac screen to display photos.

Maybe ill have to get one now

bruvone

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2005
Wow, didn't see the new imac coming. this sounds great though. Possibly the new ipod has wireless capability and can be used as a remote for the computer? You could store the videos/pics on the ipod and view them wirelessly on the imac using the ipod as a remote.
Sounds good to me. thats a lot of new toys.

vrabz

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
Madison, WI
Yeah

Is this the mac media center I've been waiting for? Tivo-like menu-driven access to my "backed-up" movies? (Wallet opening now...)

ubermark

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2005
From engaget:

New iPod announced! The new iPod, as speculated, features video capabilities and the wider display, but it’s still a music-first device.

The device will feature a 2.5-inch display, QVGA resolution (320 x 240), and will MPEG-4 h.264 (natch), and presumably Quicktime

The new iPod will be 30% thinner than the current 20GB iPod, and will feature a 60GB version and editions of both in black. The 20GB should go for $299, and the 60GB for $399. They’ll be shipping next week

PharmD

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2005
Oregon Coast
Hmmm, can't wait to see it. Might make me wanna ebay my current one. Good thing I haven't opened that iSight I just bought. We'll have to wait and see.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
rowanhall said:
sweet! can't wait to watch the broadcast later (if there is one!)

front row would work so well if an airport express with video comes out!

eeek!! :D
Sounds like FrontRow will control your iMac (or other Macs?) from the initial reports. That's fine with me since I don't own a TV and I do all my DVD watching on my Mac (with a Dell LCD).

edit: so far, no mention of FR supporting other Macs. That'd suck. Common Apple, make it available for everybody.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2004
MacRumors said:
Apple's managed to block most of the Mac web from updating live. We tip a hat to Apple for finding a location without cellphone or wireless access. Here's information gathered thus far.

New iMac, new Video iPod, new Apps.

- iMac: faster, larger disk, built in iSight. Includes FrontRow (app)
- iPod: 30GB/60GB with Video - realtime decoding of MPEG4 and H.264. 260,000 colors. Video out.
- FrontRow and PhotoBooth Apps.
- 30GB iPod: $299 - 31% thinner than current 20GB; - 60GB iPod: $399.
- New iPods avail next week. Comes with case
- iMac: $1299 for 17" model with 1.5GHz, $1799 for 20" model with 2.1GHz
- iTunes 6 to be released
- Front Row - comes with new iMacs. Lets you enjoy video/music/pictures from sofa. Everything still displayed on iMac screen. iPod-like remote. 6 button remote.
- Photobooth - appears to be slide show application.
yay! This is huge, and Apple Store closed!

KevAllen83

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2005
Dear God! Powerbooks must certainly be at the bottom of the barrel for updating - so much for buying one soon....